23 Random Facts About Me

23 Random Facts About Me

Some are fun, others not so much. The remaining are a tad weird.

117
23 Random Facts About Me
Olivia Heinen

Since my time at Odyssey will end soon, I thought I would let everyone know a little bit about the author behind all these corny articles. Most everyone knows that I'm a junior at TCU, majoring in writing and minoring in business, and have two younger brothers. However, there are a few aspects of my life that a far lesser amount of people know:

1. "Kathryn" is the correct spelling of my middle name; it doesn't start with a "C" and it isn't "Katherine."

2. Groundhog Day should have been my birthday. I was born eight days earlier.

3. A birthmark is on my back. I didn't even notice it until I was a teenager.

4. Both of my knees are hyperextended, which came in handy during my dance days.

5. My favorite number is 13. My family and I are always attached to this supposedly unlucky number.

6. I love Bartlett pears. I can eat 2+ in one sitting.

7. Dipping French fries in ice cream or Frosties is delicious.

8. Putting Skittles in popcorn kernels is also delicious.

9. My ears aren't pierced. It's not because I'm scared of needles; I just don't feel like doing earring maintenance and I'm allergic to nickel.

10. When I was really little, I would pretend that I had an identical twin. I forgot what I named her, though.

11. I've gotten perfect scores on SAT spelling tests in grade school.

12. For about a year or so, I was terrified of insects that sting (wasps, bees, yellow jackets, etc.) Honestly, I still don't like any insects.

13. Right before I started sixth grade, I broke my toe. I was walking quickly and my foot hit a chair leg.

14. When I was bored during middle and high school classes, I drew a peace sign on my left wrist with a blue or black pen.

15. For four years, I would drive to high school and always pass the same man in the same spot. I called him "Leonard."

16. I watch more YouTube videos than movies and TV shows.

17. I once listened to music during an MRI scan. Therefore, I will forever associate "Wrecking Ball" with an MRI machine.

18. I have CAM FAI, which is a bump on my right hip bone. Thankfully, it hardly bothers me. It is possibly a reasoning behind my iffy right knee (what I was getting the MRI mentioned above on).

19. Scars are on my left elbow and right knee. I whacked my elbow on a spinning bucket and deeply scratched my knee from a bike fall.

20. My favorite store is Express. Forever 21 is now #2 with H&M right behind.

21. My favorite hometown restaurant is 121 Artisan Bistro. My favorite college town restaurant is Uno Pizzeria & Grill (Yes, I know this is a chain). My favorite overall restaurant is Giordano's Pizza in Chicago.

22. I did not have one sip of any alcoholic beverage until my 21st birthday.

23. I filled out the Odyssey application on my iPhone.