As much as we all hate to admit it, moms always know best. (Yes, always.) Here are some of the best lessons they've taught us:
1. When boys are mean to you it's because they like you.
2. She doesn't like you because she's jealous.
3. If he says his feelings have changed, believe him.
4. If he's too good at "saying the right things", it's because he's said them to someone else before.
5. Go to bed early or you'll regret it tomorrow morning.
It took me 18 years to learn that one.
6. Pee before you leave the house.
7. Take a jacket, you'll want it later.
8. This won't even matter to you in a year.
9. An uncluttered room makes for an uncluttered mind.
10. Go for comfortable, not cute.
Unless you can do both, then do both.
11. The right guys like classy, not trashy.
Be the girl he could proudly take home to his mother.
12. Don't run in the house.
My poor eyebrow took the beating for that one-- right into the glass coffee table.
13. Choose your friends wisely.
14. Be careful who you trust.
15. Don't grow up too fast.
16. Read the directions first.
To be honest, I still don't always honor this one.
17. Don't wash whites and reds together unless you really like pink.
18. Wear your seatbelt.
19. Do not eat all of your Halloween candy in one night.
Seriously, you make this mistake once and only once.
20. Leave the house prepared.
Because Mother Nature loves surprising us sometimes.
21. Demand respect.
And if you aren't receiving it, walk away.