We have been through the thick and the thin, the good and the bad, and every single time we come back on top. You are my shoulder to cry on, my favorite part of every single day, and my absolute best friend. After two amazing years, I have an infinitive list of things to thank you for, so I limited it to 24 and decided to publish it. And, in case you didn't catch on, there are 24 thank you's for the 24 months we've been together. Here goes...
1. For all of the dinner dates and the many more to come
While I love trying new places with you, nothing beats splitting boneless buffalo wings and brew pub pretzels at the Bee's. ;)
2. For not getting mad when I call you a million times in a row
3. For coming up with new nicknames for me on a daily basis
Even if they aren't always so charming (Larry loves you, Ron)
4. For listening to me complain about every single minor issue of my day
I swear that accounting assignment really was as bad as it sounded in the twenty minute rant I just went on.
5. For sometimes actually responding when I gossip about irrelevant drama
I know you don't care about my friend's relationship status with that new guy she's talking to, but you're my best friend and I tell you everything.
6. For doing your best to give me advice about situations you can't at all relate to
And, when you don't have all the answers, telling me everything will be okay always helps too.
7. For randomly complimenting me and putting a smile on my face
8. For making fun of me in the most endearing way
Like getting all of your friends to call me "Larry"...
9. For letting me make fun of you, too
10. For cooking dinner for me while I "supervise"
You make the best grilled chicken and homemade french fries :)
11. For driving me around everywhere
And wasting all of your gas on me (I swear I'll make it up to you)
12. For leaving the TV on at night because you know I can't fall asleep without background noise
And for waking up in the middle of the night to turn it off once I've finally fallen asleep
13. For dealing with my hair stuck to everything you own
It probably gets a little awkward when someone looks at your passenger seat asks if you have a dog and you have to say that it's from your girlfriend.
14. For including me in your friend group
And for having really cool friends
15. For inviting me to spend time with your family and making me feel welcome
16. For making an effort with my family, too
17. For bragging about me when I'm not around
It makes me blush a little bit, but I totally love it.
18. For letting me play that song that you hate just because I love it
And because you like to watch me dance like a fool in the passenger seat
19. For singing in the car with me and belting out your own special remixes when you don't know the words
I roll my eyes every time, but I really do think you're hilarious
20. For remembering small, insignificant things that I mention at random times and sometimes even forget about myself
It surprises me and amazes me how much you really do listen.
21. For always telling it like it is, even when it might not be what I want to hear
Because who wants a boyfriend that "yes"'s you to death. That's how I know you actually care.
22. For celebrating my proudest moments and my smallest victories with me
And for making a big deal out of my littlest accomplishments
23. For bringing out the absolute best version of me
24. For loving me unconditionally
Words will never be able to fully capture how much I appreciate you, but I will continue to try. Happy Two Years, Ronnie. I love you.