23 Reasons Why I Love Monica Castro

23 Reasons Why I Love Monica Castro

So much love for my beautiful roomie.

38
23 Reasons Why I Love Monica Castro
Hannah Withee

My dearest Monica,

You are so much more than a roommate: You are a wild wallflower of polka dots, a lovely lily pad of hopes and dreams and a calm river of giggles and compassionate understandings. You have taught me to take life one day at a time and to not get worked up over the little things. We have developed various inside jokes over the course of the semester and a few of my favorites include: the amount of jars in our room, our ceiling decorations, the build-up in a song, step 1: eye contact, fea Felisha, making noises that vary from tiny mouse to monstrous hippopotamus and anything jerrylicious.

Beginning next semester, you will no longer be living on the other side of the room. Monica, it's taken us both a lot of time to accept that you're transferring, but I know it's ultimately the best decision for you and your family. It breaks my heart to think about you leaving, and I never ever ever want you to question how much I miss you. Because I already do. And I always will. This is to let you know all the reasons I love you, and I hope they will help you continue to love yourself. The world needs Monica Castro.

1. You let me curl your hair.

For special occasions ranging from dances, carnivals and 2 am fun.

2. You have a contagious giggle.

You giggle at almost everything I say and I can't help but laugh along with you.

3. You are adorably tiny.

Granted, I am abnormally tall. Put the two together and you get us!

4. You give me this look at least 357 times a day.

Maybe 358. This look has many meanings but we always know what it means given the situation.

5. You give the best hugs.

You fit perfectly, right under my chin.

6. You let me be your mom even when you don't need me to be.

I love when I walk into the room and you greet me with: "MOM!"

7. You go with the flow.

You're not one to question anything. You just go with it.

8. You care about the environment.

And even though I may not always recycle or use plastic to-go containers and I profoundly avoid going to the farm, I love how excited you get about the environment; especially the pond. You check that temperature, girl.

9. You often match me.

Always a good excuse for a roomie selfie!

10. You like to nap just as much as I do.

In fact, I nap more because of you. Our nap dates are goals.

11. You go on Dunkins dates with me.

Dunkins for lifeeeee.

12. You pop up over my shoulder whenever possible.

This goes back to the "adorably tiny" thing.

13. You help me decide what to wear.

Even though I always disagree when you think something is "too much".

14. You've heard my life story about 2,853 times.

If ask you if I've already told you the story; more times than not the answer is yes.

15. You are compassionate and kind.

To people, to animals, to nature, to the world.

16. You make me feel loved.

Snuggles, giggles, and asking about each other's day: Repeat.

17. You have a cute accent when you say "barefoot" and the name "Jerry".

I'm sorry, could you just say that again please Felisha?

18. You sing songs with me.

TO SHOW AVICCI I WAS COOL.

19. You make the best noises.

I scream; you answer. Vice versa. All day, every day.

20. You are the bravest person I know.

You are so courageous in so many different ways. I admire you so much for coming to America and trying your best every single day.

21. You communicate with me via turtle.

Zippy and Slow Poke. Forever and always.

22. You are a fighter.

You are strong enough to life this life, Moni. I'll never lose faith in you.

23. You are my Baby M. And you always will be.

No amount of distance between us will ever change that. I love you, Monica.