23 Instagram Pictures That Every Millennial Posts

Because pics or it didn't happen is a thing.

1116

In today's tech-savvy world Instagram has become sort of a necessity for my generation. Yes, we still love Facebook for birthdays and twitter for random, funny, things said in 250 characters or less, and of course, snapchat is our holy grail because what is life without geofilters? Instagram, though, is different. The format is beautiful, especially the new logo, when we post the pictures they are good quality and don't become grainy, and with the app changing all the time to include new features like chat, location aspects, and all sorts of cool aspects, Instagram is perfect for those who want their beautiful pictures to last for more than ten seconds and important messages to be more than just a couple characters long. I, personally, love Instagram. I've had mine for just about a year and according to my friends and family, I'm addicted. I feel like addicted may be a bit of an over exaggeration, but I do think it is one of the best social media platforms out there because it is one place I can go that I can see both friends and companies show off their life styles and/or products while also interacting with them and posting good quality pictures.

For the past year I have been getting used to the IG lifestyle which includes liking everything (because I follow my friends to actually like their stuff, why else?), posting nice pictures, and even becoming accustom to "The Gram's" language. While doing this, I have noticed there are quite a few trends especially for my fellow millennial generation. My followers and following lists are pretty small, but even so I have seen that a lot of my friends post the typical pictures at the typical times. In other words, you see one grad picture you see them all. Now, this isn't negative in anyway I just love the fact that I know to be prepared to see a million prom pictures in May and a thousand throwback pictures on Thursdays. So, I have devised a list of 23 typical pictures that every Millennial posts. Shout out to my awesome friends for letting me feature their cool pictures from their very own beautiful Instagram accounts! May your selfie game be strong, your #tbt's always be cute, and remember, pics or it didn't happen.

1. The famous #selfie.

A staple on Instagram. Includes but is not limited to: #selfiesunday, #nomakeupselfie, #justbecause, don't lie we are all guilty of these.

2. The not #selfie but still is a picture of you.

You know the ones where people can actually see your body to prove that you are not just a head and arm.

3. The adorable significant other pictures.

Love these! Includes: #bf, #gf, #itscomplicated, #love, and lots and lots of cute emojis!

4. The throwbacks.

Whether it be #tbt, #fbf, or just plain #tb everyday, instagramers eat these adorable little pics up!

5. The #transformationtuesdays.

The ones where you show how dysfunctional you were last year side by side with a hot, current pic to see how much you've "changed."

6. The birthday collages.

A crowd favorite. I mean, would it really be a birthday without an embarrassing pic or 2?

7. The regular collages (recaps).

Includes: hundreds of cute pics that from last semester, vacation, the year, etc. #love.

8. The party pics.

Ya know, to prove you actually do #party.

9. The college pics.

These are the cutest that include roomies, statues, huge groups of classmates, and in this case, a big banner that screams I GO TO COLLEGE 2019. #lol #lovethiseric

10. The event with the huge group of people.

You know the ones that get you so aggravated because you don't have enough tags for all the people so you just give up and don't tag and figure everyone in the picture can just like it and figure it out themselves.

11. The vaca.

Whether it's striking a pose in Boston or photo-opting with a signature landmark or person, we love the vaca pics.

12. The poolside/beachside.

#beachlyfe just in time to show off those cute little swim suits and drool worthy abs.

13. Food pics.

Because did you really eat it if you didn't take a picture of it first?

14. The nature ones.

Because our generation likes to pretend we are all nature-y and green that one time we went to the woods. #heartyouphil

15. The holidays.

From Christmas, to Easter, to Thanksgiving and more these pictures are sure to be on your feed and sure to be cute as a button!

16. National Something day.

For the days where it's not Christmas and Valentines Day. Oh yes, how could I forget, it's #nationalmascaraday! Although, #nationalsiblingday did have some totally like-worthy pics.

17. Pets.

Because we love our dogs more than we love ourselves. #truth

18. Best friends.

Always totes adorbs! #besties #bffl #partnersincrime

19. Babies.

This is like a thing now. When you take a pic with a baby it is instantly loved. So everyone, go find a random baby and snap a selfie! That's how you get the likes, man.

20. The classic graduation pictures.

Classic and nice and also proof that you actually graduated because tbh some might be doubtful. #loveyoualec!

21. The fam.

Because we love our crazy fam just like this one!

22. Cute Candids.

My favs. No one could resist an cute candid! Sometimes you like them better than the planned ones!

23. Of course... Prom.

April showers bring May flowers? WRONG. April showers bring tons and tons of #PROM pics. Let's be honest, we love seeing them even if they do spam your news feed for the whole month. #love