22 Ways You Know You're A Kentucky Wildcat

#BBN

9

Through the years we have all seen articles and posts listing qualities a certain group of people have in common. Generally this group is defined by where you live, what sport you played, where you go to school or some descriptive aspect of your life. But, when you are a Kentucky Wildcat you are in a league of your own. We cannot be defined by all of the characteristics of being from the "south," being a "SEC school" or being a "basketball school."

We are Kentucky, we are the Big Blue Nation, we are the Wildcats and the characteristics we share are comparable to none other.

1. In the SEC, fall means football, but in Kentucky fall means tailgating. Tailgating with a side of watching our Wildcats surprise us year after year!
  2. We dress out for tailgates like it's formal; go big or go home (and we're not just talking about that hair).
  3. We know noon games mean you need to either crash early or stay out late enough the night before to be awake in time.
  4. Basketball season is year 'round. When not in season we are watching recruiting updates, brainstorming banner ideas and practicing our intros to the players at frat parties.
  5. Every tall man you see in the city, you automatically assume is a basketball player.
  6. If you don't have cowboy boots yet, it will be one of your first purchases.
  7. You're constantly being caught in the middle of hot, cold, humid, monsoon, snow, tornado and perfect 75 weather...never leave for class without an umbrella.
  8. You own at least one piece of camo, but have may never used it in its intended environment.
  9. We do join the rest of the SEC in the Norts and oversized t-shirt trend. (I volunteer as tribute.)
  10. "Northerners" don't know what to do when they see Kentuckians wearing shoes and saying "y'all," and some moved here to avoid the snow back home...lol.
  11. Please and thank you come naturally, as they should.
  12. You are caught in the middle of the country; so school is never closed for threat of snow, 2 inches of ice or 6 inches of snow as it would be in the rest of the SEC. (Thank God for that 2-foot of snow vacation.)
  13. Pretty much everyone, who is anyone visits Lexington during March Madness. (Yes...I'm still crying.)
  14. We still like our tea sweet, just mixed with a little KY born bourbon.
  15. Opening day at Keeneland is a holiday.
  16. You have to ask off work for the basketball lottery, and then leave if you're not a group in the first half.
  17. DanceBlue changed your life if you did it, DanceBlue changed your life if you did it,if not you wish you did- but regardless, you know what it is.
  18. You see at least one Facebook post a week detailing the actions of a crazy fan.
  19. The boogie man isn't the least bit scary to you. In fact, he's your idol.
  20. You most likely own a home and away basketball jersey.
  21. There are so many clubs, activities and ways to get involved it's overwhelming and sometimes you just decide to take a nap instead.
  22. You can't wait for family weekend so you can convince that this Heaven on Earth really does exist!

When life gives you lemons, put them in your sweet tea and thank your lucky stars you're in Kentucky. Nothing else compares!