22 Things I Want To Thank My Person For

22 Things I Want To Thank My Person For

You are the Meredith to my Cristina.

24
22 Things I Want To Thank My Person For
Mona El-Gayar

I met my person later than I expected. To be honest, I met my person at a time when I thought I would never have a friendship like the one we have. She has seen me at my worst and at my best, and she has never once stopped loving me.

So, dear person, there are so many things I want to thank you for but here are just a few:

1. You let me sleep over indefinitely; I’m the third roommate who doesn’t actually live there.

2. You let me borrow clothes without asking whenever I end up staying over longer than I planned for.

3. You will cut anyone who mocks how much I stay at your place.

4. Actually, you will cut anyone who mocks me. Period.

5. You will help me hide the body, and vice versa, because have you read two and three?

6. You bring me coffee at my work just because I’m having a rough day.

7. You stay up late to listen to my boy problems, and then you tell me your boy problems, and then we fall asleep talking about how screwed we both are.

8. But you also roll your eyes at me whenever I say that I'll be single forever.

9. You tell me when I need to grow up and be an adult, because sometimes (all the time) I need to hear that.

10. We are brutally honest with each other in general.

11. When neither of us want to adult, we marathon "Gilmore Girls" and/or "Gossip Girl."

12. You (try to) help me with my shopping problem, but since we both have this problem, I still buy the stuff. You’ve come to accept this.

13. You also try to stop me from doing stupid things, but I still do those things because I can’t help it.

14. We can be really sappy and emotional together.

15. We both laugh together. Which often turns to crying. Which turns into plenty of weird looks from anyone around us.

16. We inspire each other to be better people. Or at the very least, remind each other not to kill anyone today.

17. You give me space when I need it and let me open up in my own time.

18. You have already planned my 21st birthday for me.

19. You keep all my secrets, even when I can’t keep my own secrets.

20. I call you Mom, because you’re basically my mom.

21. My best college memories are with you.

22. You put up with and love me for who I am (see: sassy, extremely sarcastic, terrible potty mouth and embarrassingly awkward).

You are the most wonderful, most loving, most beautiful person I've ever met, and you've taught me what it means to point True North. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you, because I'm still wondering how on Earth I got so lucky with you.