22 Things To Make You Feel Like A Kid Again

Sometimes we need to stop adulting and be a kid again.

1381
NY Post

As we grow up, we are constantly told to stop acting like a child. We are told to, “Grow up,” and to ”Act our age.” But, why?

Sure, everyone needs to learn to be an adult, but we also need to hold onto our inner child and let it flourish every once in a while. There are a million things you can do to take a break from adult hood. While not all of these things are financially smart (see, I can kind of adult), I believe that there are plenty of things we can do to be a kid every once in a while in a grown up, adult world.

1.Take a bubble bath.

Bubble baths are becoming more and more common in the adult realm (Thank you, bath bombs), but now they are for relaxation and not for play. Do not worry! They can still be fun! So, find a buddy, put on your swim suit, and go have fun! Cups, strainers, and most kitchen utensils make for great, spur of the moment, bath toys.

2. Buy some dollar store toys.

You don’t need money to have fun! Go to your local dollar store and go nuts! They are always full of yo-yos, Slinkies, slime, silly putty, silly string, and more!

3. Leap into a ball pit.

There is no feeling as exhilarating as leaping into a pit of germ infested plastic.

4. Play laser tag.

There is nothing quite like playing tag in the dark with light up guns, heavy vests, and weird electronic music playing in the background.

5. Play old backyard games.

I remember running around my neighborhood playing kick the can and freeze tags until the sun went down and the streetlights turned on. Get a group together and go run around outside for a while. The fresh air will do you good.

6. Play board and card games.

Uno, Skip-bo, and Phase 10 never get old. Enough said.

7. Go to an arcade.

Here is the time to break that bank-- the piggy shaped one at least. Bring all of your coins to your local arcade. Skee ball, shooting hoops, and the Claw are all great ways to be a kid again. And, if you get enough tickets, you may even get that cheaply made teddy bear for your significant other.

8. Play in a puddle.

Don’t worry about your $100 shoes. After the storm is over, throw on a pair of worn out shoes and go jumping! Puddles are everywhere and there is something so freeing about jumping in a hole with water on it. Especially, if you have a friend to get messy with.

9. Write on the sidewalk with chalk.

You can probably draw better than a potato with legs that is supposed to be you. Come one and come all! No art background necessary.

10. Play on a playground.

Jump off the swings. Get stuck in the slide. Drag your feet in the wood chips as you go across the monkey bars. You miss this from your childhood, I am sure of it.

11. Watch the classic TV shows.

Sit back on a Saturday morning with "Tom & Jerry" and enjoy your bowl of Lucky Charms.

12. Watch your favorite childhood movies.

Curl up with your blanket and catch all of the adult humor that resides in your beloved children’s movies.

13. Build a fort.

Throw out the fancy throw pillows and collect every blanket and sheet in sight. Don’t be afraid to tip over your furniture and get crazy.

14. Go camping in your backyard.

Who needs to drive hours to a camp ground with an outhouse?! Your yard has plenty of adventure and you still have indoor plumbing.

15. Jump in a bouncy house.

Jumping high is an experience we lose quickly as an adult; sorry, I am no longer 45 pounds and gravity does not work in my favor. So kick the kids out and soar high my friends!

16. Go to the drive-in theater.

Your local drive-in theater has old movies, new movies, kid movies, and YOU movies!

17. Go to a children’s museum.

There is always something new to learn, so take the day off and try something new.

18. Play with paint.

You can finger paint or even get into a paint war! Paint is a multi-purpose tool for fun. Who knew something could be used as a tool of art or a tool of the mass destruction of clothing. Choose your own adventure.

19. Have a food fight.

I know you have always wanted to do this. So, shove some cake in a face, shmear some mashed potatoes in a face, or throw some corn. Food sure is tasty when you throw it at your enemies, I mean friends.

20. Go go-carting.

Drive around recklessly. You can’t do that in bumper to bumper traffic.

21. Play outside in the water.

The sprinklers, water balloons, and squirt guns miss you.

22. Run around during a thunderstorm.

You probably won’t be electrocuted, but take a chance! You can’t help but be in awe as the lightning lights up the sky and the thunder shakes you to your core. Plus, there are puddles.

Being an adult isn’t too bad, but sometimes you just need to live a little and go reminisce in your childhood. Take some time to yourself and stop stressing.