(empty)

(empty)

20 things I plan on doing this summer!

4
(empty)
pexels

Summer 2016 is in full swing, and it feels as if it is literally flying past me! I can't believe we are halfway through June. Ive decided to take a minute and make a list of all the fun things I would like to do this summer before school starts back.

1. Complete a 5K

My first summer goal is to complete a 5K. I want to start getting in better shape and to start running, and I think setting a goal of a 5K will greatly help me along the way!

2. Start a summer book-club

I love to read, and I love to share what I'm reading with other people. During the summer sometimes I lose the motivation to read, so I think having a book club would not just be great fun but also keep me on track!

3. Go to an outdoor summer concert

Summer is concert time, time to go to festivals in cute outfits and listen to good music all day. I want to take a trip somewhere with a group of good friends and enjoy a concert!

4. Lose weight

This has been a goal of mine for a while, not just for appearance, but also for health. This summer I want to kick-start my weight loss!

5. Get stronger

Along the same lines of the 5K and weight loss, I just want to be in better shape. By lifting weights at the gym and getting more fit, I can be more confident in my strength.

6. Make 5 new friends

I love meeting new people, but sometimes when you become an adult, it can be harder to find new friends, especially when classes are out for the summer. I want to make some new summer friends!

7. Learn to play piano

I love making and recording music with my friends. Singing is one of my biggest passions. I would love to be able to play the piano, so I could write some of my own music to go with my lyrics and play while I sing.

8. Start Cross-Fit

Along with getting in shape, I think Cross-Fit is the perfect way to kick your butt into shape fast, so I want to start it this summer!

9. Go fishing all day

This might be a weird one to some, but I live in the South. I want to spend all day on the lake with a fishing rod, some cold drinks, and a good friend, reeling in the fish.

10. Visit a state I've never been to

Traveling seems to be a goal on many people's bucket lists and summer to-do's, but my goal isn't to go to some big fancy country; it's right here in the good ole' USA. I really want to visit a new state! With 50 of them, there are plenty I haven't seen. Road trip anyone?

11. Go on a real camping trip

I've always wanted to go on a real camping trip. You know, where you hike out into the woods with no electronics and sleep in a tent by a fire you make yourself. Maybe this summer I will.

12. Have a bonfire with friends

Everyone loves bonfires. They're cozy and fun and perfect for any time of year, especially when you get to share it with a group of close friends.

13. Make Smores

I love Smores, but I haven't made them in a long time. I want to cozy up to a fire, roast my marshmallows on a stick until they're all but burnt, and smush them between two graham crackers and a chunk of chocolate.

14. Make a home slip and slide

I've seen so many people doing slip and slides on the internet, and they look like so. much. fun. I think it would be extremely fun to invite a few friends over, make a slip and slide together, and then spend the day slipping and sliding. It would be a great way to cool off on a hot summer day! Off to Pinterest!

15. Learn a new sport

It's been a long time since I've learned a new sport. There are a couple I'm good at, but I want to get into something new. It's also a great way to hang out with friends or meet some new ones!

16. Re-connect with old friends

We all have friends that, even though we hate it, we lose touch with over time. During the semester it can be so hard to catch up with people because you're always so busy. Now that it's summer, I can have time to rekindle those relationships.

17. Visit the beach

This one's pretty obvious. I mean, who doesn't want to go to the beach during summer? However, I had to put it on the list because it's one of my favorite things to do, and I'll definitely be making at least a couple beach trips this summer.

18. See a play

This one might seem random, but I've wanted to see a play for a while and haven't had the time. I really enjoy theatre, and now that it's summer, I'll hopefully have time to go to the theatre and see a performance!

19. Spend more time with family

When you're busy and life is going by fast, it can be hard to keep up with family. But you aren't guaranteed your family forever, so this summer I want to make sure I spend as much time with them as I can.

20. Live everyday to the fullest

This isn't just a summer goal, but a life goal. Everything goes by so fast, and I don't want to get to the end of the summer or the end of my life and look back and regret not doing something I wanted to do. This summer I'm going to grab onto every opportunity that passes by with both hands!

I know summer will be over in the blink of an eye, so I know its important to live every moment to the fullest and make it count!! If you're struggling with things to do this summer, I hope this list gave you some inspiration! Have a happy and safe summer 2016!