Report this Content
Turning 22 may not be a special birthday, but there's something about it that makes you question a lot things. In the spirit of my 22nd birthday, I couldn't help think about all things I've learned in just 22 years.
1. People will walk out of your life and nothing you could've done would have made them stay.
2. Constantly try new things. You never know when you'll find your next love.
3. Your grades do not define you. You are more than just numbers on a paper.
4. Eat that second slice of pizza. I guarantee it'll taste better than the first.
5. Treat yourself, you deserve it.
6. It's OK to stay in on a Friday watching a movie instead of going out and partying.
7. High school was taken for granted.
8. High school also did not prepare me for college.
9. Naps are completely acceptable, especially if your a college student.
10. Always be kind. You will never know if you smile can make someone's day.
11. Make sure to go outside and breathe in some fresh air.
12. Animals are the best stress-reliever. They should be mandatory for all students.
13. Change isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes you need to welcome change with open arms.
14. You can't change the past. No matter how much you want to or how hard you try.
15. Live in the moment, because you don't want to miss out on a single thing.
16. Find the time to travel. Whether you travel 12 hours or only two, travel before it's too late.
17. It's OK to not find love in college. Some people just have to wait a little longer and there's nothing wrong with that.
18. Go to the movies by yourself at least once. It's just another way to get a little me time in.
19. Never skip laundry day.
20. Capture your memories, even if it's just through pictures.
21. Focus on your own happiness before others.
22. The best years are yet to come.
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.