21 Things To Thank My Mom For

21 Things To Thank My Mom For

I wouldn't be me if it wasn't for you.

7
21 Things To Thank My Mom For
Katie Miller

Mom /mäm/ (noun): Birth giver, life long friend, constant support. Reminder that you can do anything and that boys are dumb. Giver of unconditional love, answers 2:a.m. phone calls. (See also: Hero, Best Friend, Role Model, Sacrificer).

We have so many things to thank our moms for. I can never put into words how much my mom really means to me, but I can give her a list of thank yous.

1. First, thank you for giving birth to me.

You kept me safe for nine months and continue to do it now.

2. Thank you for taking care of me when I'm sick or injured.

The worst part about college was not having you around when I didn't feel well.

3. Thank you for the numerous times you raised money so I could be queen of everything out there.

4. Thank you for not being one of those insane dance moms, but still supporting me through dance.

5. Thank you for the sacrifices you made to send me to private school so I could get the best education possible.

6. Thank you for standing up for me and teaching me how to stand up for myself.

7. Thank you for bringing me along to all of the service events and instilling in me a love of giving.

8. Thanks for allowing me to go on countless trips.

It's because of you that I got to experience some of the greatest adventures in my life.

9. Thank you for making me strong and for raising me right.

10. Thank you for telling me "no" because you know what is best for me.

11. Thank you for believing in me through everything I've done.

12. Thank you for reminding me that no boy is worth going crazy over.

13. Thank you for giving me my love of doing holidays big.

14. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on when I really needed it.

15. Thank you for never giving up on me.

16. Thank you for all the ridiculous costumes you put me in as a child.

They make for some great memories.

17. Thank you for providing me with a wonderful support system.

18. Thank you for trusting me and for not being overbearing.

19. Thank you for making me laugh until I cry.

20. Thank you for supporting my decision to go through recruitment and trying to understand what I mean when I talk about date parties or say things like "frocket" or *insert random Greek letters here.*

21. Most importantly, thank you for loving me.

Thank you for loving me even when I drive you insane. For loving me even when I'm ungrateful. Thank you for loving me unconditionally.

I know it doesn't always seem like it, but I do appreciate you. You've done so much for me and you've given up so much for me. I can only hope that one day when I have kids I'm half the mom you are. I'd be such a different person if it wasn't for you. I wouldn't be as giving, caring, or loving. You made me the woman I am today and I could never thank you enough. I love you more than you'll ever know.