21 Ways You Know You Have Found The Perfect Roommate
popular

This is the person you will spend the next four years with.

2939

Before starting college, roommate horror stories spread like wildfire. You hear stories of roommates who steal your clothes and shoes, who never do any work or who literally go outevery night. You pray to God that you get a normal roommate – one who respects your space and, if you're lucky, even has some things in common with you.

Some of us are fortunate enough to instantly click with our roommates. They don't seem like strangers but like long lost friends. Here are some ways you know you have found the perfect person to spend the next four years with:

1. You binge watch TV shows together

There is nothing like watching six straight hours of "Grey's Anatomy" to form a bond that will last a lifetime.

2. You don't judge each other.

Whether one of you hasn't showered in a day or two or you are sitting on the floor eating your weight in candy, the other seems to understand.

3. Their food is your food.

Twice the food. This needs no explanation. Who wouldn't want that?

4. They take care of you when you are sick.

They drag you to the doctor's office, no matter how many times you tell them that you are OK.

5. They encourage you when you are having a bad day or just need some motivation.

They always know just what to say to make you feel better. They believe in you when you don't even believe in yourself.

6. They calm you down when you are stressed.

They make you tea or coffee. They give you chocolate. They might even give you motivational pep talks.

7. They bring you surprises to make you happy.

There is nothing like waking up to your roommate holding a Starbucks cup to make your morning better.

8. You always have someone to give you advice.

You have someone to give you an inspirational quote on a moment's notice.

9. They are the keeper of your secrets.

They will guard what you tell them with their life.

10. You stay up way too late just talking to each other.

You sit in class the next day like this:

11. You always have someone to eat meals with.

No more pretending like you are waiting for someone while you eat your lunch in the caf.

12. Your parents love them more than they love you.

Your roommate is the adopted other child. They send them care packages when they send you one. They also ask how your roommate is every time you speak to them.

13. They let you borrow their things (sometimes even without asking).

Double the clothes, double the shoes. I could get used to this.

14. You can have a whole conversation with them without even uttering a word.

You know what that eye roll or head nod means every time.

15. You silently judge other roommate pairs and know they can never live up to the two of you.

No one can ever compare.

16. They text you when you have been away from the room for too long to make sure of your well being.

.

They just want to make sure you are still breathing and/or haven't been abducted.

17. You miss them when they leave for a weekend (or God forbid, a break).

You sit around the room all alone waiting for their return. You text them every hour to keep them updated on your life because you can't tell them in person.

18. They hate the people you hate, even if they have never met them

You don't like them? Then they don't like them either. Enough said.

19. You know more about the people in their life from back home than you probably should.

You know all the stories about their friend's boyfriend's cousin's ex-girlfriend. You know all of the names of their nieces, nephews and cousins.

20. You have found one of your best friends for life.

You know nothing can break the bond the two of you have formed.

21. You're the dream team and everyone knows it.

You are unstoppable.