21 Things To Do For Yourself In 2017

21 Things To Do For Yourself In 2017

Treat yo self.
3

I have never been a huge fan of 'New Year's Resolutions."

Workout three times a day, cut out carbs, focus less on our mobile devices...

I just find them to be so cliche. I do, however, think there are some things we can do for ourselves that would be beneficial in the long-term.

That being said, here is my list of things that would make us feel more fulfilled in the new year, without the unrealistic, nagging commitment of typical resolutions:

1. Read a book a week, whether it'd be 150 pages or a lengthier novel. Just read something for pleasure.

2. Discover a new music album, artist, genre.

3. Try going to bed at a consistent hour every night (though that may change on the weekends or busy weeks of studying). Just aim for 7-8 hours.

4. Watch a television show that makes you happy. Friends is highly recommended.

5. Spend more time with the people you love; it'll make even the most stressful of weeks feel more fulfilling and manageable.

6. Aim to go to the gym at least 3-4 times a week.

7. Keep your room neat and clean.

8. Try spending less time dwelling on things that will not matter in the future. Whatever that may be, let it go, and focus on self-improvement.

9. Do one thing everyday that scares you. I definitely read that on Vsco or something, but I think it's a good idea.

10. Always follow your instincts.

12. Go to that party, especially if you've earned it after a long week of studying and running around like crazy. Even if you're tired, just go. You deserve it.

13. Make a playlist of all your favorite songs and listen to it before bedtime.

14. Go for a hike.

15. Go to your school's sports games.

16. Watch your favorite movie(s).

17. Make pretty studying notes to make your long nights in the library a little bit easier.

18. Leave for class on time.

19. Be open, honest, vulnerable with people. You'd be surprised by how well-received you will be.

20. Take risks.

21. Never give up.

Happy New Year!