21 Things To Look Forward To

21 Things To Look Forward To

A little incentive to get you through your week.

15125
21 Things To Look Forward To

Everyday is a new day, even when it doesn't feel like it. Life can get us down in more ways than one, and one way to get through our troubles is by having something to look forward to. By looking ahead, we're looking onward and upward towards our future and we remind ourselves that better times are coming. Here are 21 things you have to look forward to that will make today brighter and tomorrow a little less heavy.

1. Your favorite band's next concert.

Because music is some of the best medicine life can offer, right?

2. Good grades/praise from your boss.

Praise is praise, and we take what we can get.

3. SUMMER.

How many more days?

4. Meeting the love of your life.

It's bound to happen sometime, so why shouldn't we get excited about it?

5. Seeing random puppies!

Seeing puppies = day is automatically improved.

6. Friday isn't THAT far away.

I'm constantly thinking about Friday, and I don't think that's a crime.

7. Dinner dates with old friends.

It's little moments like this that help carry us through the big stuff in life.

8. S L E E P.

Whether it be nap time or bedtime, hitting the hay can easily be the best part of the day.

9. Payday.

Life would be better if every day was payday, but since it isn't, we look forward to it like it's our only job.

10. Meeting new people.

Because we never know who we're going to meet that will change our life.

11. A new episode of your favorite show will air soon!

Shondaland Thursdays seriously get me through the week and without a new episode of Grey's Anatomy, I am utterly lost.

12. Traveling around the world, the country or your state.

An interest in traveling and exploring can make any bad day fly by - it's all about turning those day dreams into realities.

13. The Holidays!

The Fourth of July, Memorial Day Weekend and even Halloween aren't that far away! It's never too early to start planning an extravagant costume or an epic beach getaway for the Fourth.

14. Your next good drink.

Because let's face it, looking forward to a drink after a long day is only human.

15. Your birthday!

Even if it was yesterday, it is never too early to start that countdown up again! Birthdays are special, and we deserve to be eager about them.

16. Creating.

Poetry, music, art, dance, photography, or simply laughter - whatever our next creation is, it should matter to us because it will matter to somebody else.

17. A hot shower or bubble bath.

Any bad feeling or day can be cured instantly with a soothing shower or relaxing bubble bath. Water can cure just about every bad feeling!

18. A solid workout.

Okay, so this one is a little misleading... We might not necessarily look forward to a workout itself, but the rewarding feeling we get afterward is awesome and something I crave.

19. Putting on our pajamas!

Is there really any better feeling than taking your bra or a pair of jeans off after a long day? The answer is no.

20. The next rainy day.

Rain resets us. Whether you love it or hate it, we are all waiting in anticipation for the next rainstorm we see on our ten-day forecast... for better or for worse.

21. Finding happiness.

Looking forward to finding happiness means that we will try to find it in every instance, even when it seems impossible and unlikely. The more often we look forward to making the best out of every situation, the faster the bad days will go and the fewer and far between they will become.