21 Things I Need To Do Before I'm 21

21 Things I Need To Do Before I'm 21

Hopefully I can accomplish all of these things.

3
21 Things I Need To Do Before I'm 21
Brielle Toff

I decided that I needed to set some goals for myself. I was going to do “20 Things I Would Like To Do Before I’m 20,” but I decided to give myself some leeway, so I went with 21.

1. Try sushi. I don’t really like fish, and I’m almost positive I won’t like sushi, but I want to try it to see what all the hype is about.

2. Wake up early enough to see the sunrise. In all honesty, sleeping is like 75% of my whole world. Because of this, I have never actually woken up solely to see the sunrise, but I’d like to eventually.

3. See Hamilton on Broadway. Okay, so this one is most definitely a long shot, but it’s without a doubt a goal of mine.

4. Go on a service trip. Over the past year, I have become extremely passionate about helping people. I would like to do a service trip sometime soon, maybe Habitat for Humanity?

5. Leave the country. Leaving the country is also something I’m longing to do, just because I haven’t yet.

6. Master a new skill. When I was telling my Mom that I was writing this she replied with “What skill? Do you want to knit or something?” Like no, Mom… I don’t have any skills to begin with, so mastering something would be nice.

7. Write a memoir

- Personally, I think that I’ve lived a very eventful life… so far. Not only that, but I love to write just almost as much as I love myself, so I think writing a memoir is definitely in my near future.

8. Buy a new fish. I plan on buying a new fish because unfortunately, I’ve lost not one, but two fish in the past year.

9. Try and figure out the whole “adulting” thing. I’ll probably never be able to "adult" on my own, but hopefully I get the hang of it soon.

10. Learn how to change a tire. In my two short years of driving, I've had two flat tires. I have absolutely no clue as to how I am supposed to change a tire, so I hope I will learn by the next one.

11. Chill out. I am without a doubt the most “un-chill” person of all time and I am almost always stressed. A goal of mine is to not be as stressed by the time I’m 21.

12. Crowd surf. I’ve always wanted to crowd surf… I just hope they don’t drop me.

13. Invest my money. From what I can understand, a penny stock is super cheap… I feel like that’d be a great investment for me.

14. Go to a club. I am aware that this list is stuff to do before I’m 21, but whatever, let me live.

15. Get a perm. I just reallllllly want a perm.

16. Try and get straight A’s one semester. This would probably end up contradicting number 11, but I know I would be super proud of myself for this one.

17. Watch the Philadelphia Eagles win the Super Bowl. Okay so this is such a long shot too, but it’s definitely possible with a little bit of faith.

18. Make the rest of my sacraments. I’ve only ever been baptized, and finishing my sacraments is definitely a goal of mine… I’m just hoping I finish it by the time I’m 21.

19. Win the lottery. The chances of this happening are slim to none, but it would be great to be able to pay off my college tuition.

20. Donate blood. I recently found out that donating blood can save three people’s lives, but I am absolutely terrified of both needles and blood, so hopefully I can suck it up eventually.

21. Accomplish everything on this list. For me being as lazy as I am, the chances of me accomplishing all of these things is very unlikely, but it would be such an incredible feeling to be able to do them all.