21 Things I Should Have Known Freshman Year

14

The first weekend back to school gave me my first "I'm too old to do _____" moment. Freshman year can be really weird at times. Sharing a room, dorm parties, and Calculus 2 aren't the best things in the world but, now, looking back as a junior I have the most nostalgia over freshman year. So here's a couple of things I wish I would've known that might have saved a more naive version of me some trouble.

1. There's going to be work...a lot of it. Make sure to put in the necessary hours at the library.

2. Meet as many people as possible. Everyone is looking for friends.

3. Half and half's are not really acceptable to eat pre 12 AM.

4. Go to dorm parties. They're very short lived and a rite of passage.

5. It's ok if you don't get straight A's. In fact, most people won't.

6. Life will go on if you don't do well on a test.

7. Life will go on if you don't do well in a class.

8. It's ok to miss your parents.

9. It's ok to cry when your parents leave.

10. But soon enough WUSTL will be a second home.

11. Do your laundry.

12. Get an Enterprise Car Share membership.

13. The Law School's cafe line is really short. And they take meal points.

14. You can pre order Subway on your phone using an app called Snapfinger. This is very important, line is super long at peak times.

15. Send your parents a card. They miss you.

16. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved. Don't try to do everything.

17. On that note, don't give your email to every club just because they try to guilt you into it. You will really regret this when you're constantly swamped with emails.

18. You don't need this thing.

19. Or a bunch of WUSTL shirts. You'll get many free ones in the coming months.

20. You may not meet the people that will end up being your best friends in college the first week, or month, or semester. But it's still important to get to know them.

21. BD Pizza is delicious.