I am two decades and one day wiser. I have learned, I have laughed and I have lost. Some may consider themselves an adult at 21, I still feel much like a child.
In lieu of my 21st birthday, here’s a list of a few things I have learned during my 21 years of life.
1. Always shop at Goodwill
2. Put your phone down when you're outside
3. Make time to watch the sunset, its good for the soul
4. Liquor over beer, always
5. It's only awkward if you make it awkward
6. Emergen-C saves lives
7. Take LOTS of pictures, don't feel embarrassed
8. Spend money on experiences- not things (unless at Goodwill)
9. Go pet that dog
10. Always eat before a long night out
11. Bring hot sauce to Spain !! and ranch !!
12. People will come in and out of your life, don't take it personally
13. Make time to stretch and meditate every night before bed
14. Make your bed every morning, you'll feel less stress and it promotes productivity throughout the day
15. You'll never be perfect, don't expect your parents to be either
16. Look after your siblings, they'll all you'll have left
17. Always forgive, grudges hurt you more than anyone else
18. Learn to laugh at yourself
19. Think before you speak, you never know the full story
20. It is okay to move on and away from comfortability, that is when you really get to live
21. Learn to love yourself, and love everyone and everything around you. The world needs more of it.
With greater age comes greater knowledge. The capacity of knowledge is boundless. We can never stop learning.
At this moment in time, I’m not exactly sure where life will take me, but I do know I’ll have the opportunity to learn so much along the way. In 21 more years, who know's where my lessons will take me.