21 Reasons Why I Love My Brother

21 Reasons Why I Love My Brother

Happy Birthday!

21016
21 Reasons Why I Love My Brother
Brianna Spence

No matter how many times we get on each other's nerves. No matter how many times I get annoyed with him about something he has said. No matter how many times we might say something we both regret, we both will get over it. He is my brother and I love him. He has been my bud and pal for the last 21 years (officially now) and I don’t think my life would be the same without him. Here are 21 things I appreciate about my brother.

1. His sense of humor

He has a unique sense of humor for sure. Whenever I need some type of giggle or laugh on a bad day, I know I can trust him to deliver. He is quick with his humor.

2. His knowledge of movies and their trivia

It is amazing the things he knows. I can always count on him when I have a question, and if he doesn’t know the answer to whatever question I have, he will do whatever it takes to figure it out.

3. His sense of adventure

He has some awesome, amazing stories. Each and every one of them is awesome to hear (over and over). Most of them involve scouts and each of them is amazing.

4. His love for Marvel and DC

Whether it is Marvel or DC, he loves everything about them. If you need to know anything about either of those, he is your go-to guy.

5. His passion for education

He is always excited to demonstrate something he has learned. With him being so passionate for education, I know I will always have someone supporting me in my years to come.

6. His support

He always is willing to support me (see point number five). He has never once told me something I am dreaming of is stupid and he continues to support me anyway.

7. His creativity

He is quite creative when it comes to writing and filming stuff. He is awesome about thinking of creative and different things and making something amazing.

8. His love for reading

He is always reading something. He reads enough that my family has a reading challenge yearly. I know that when it comes to me later needing to challenge a student with a more difficult book or just an overall suggestion, I can rely on him.

9. His attitude

He is funny and sassy and it is just awesome.

10. His overall personality.

His personality has developed over time and it is just awesome.

11. His joy

His joy often comes from reading and movies, but it’s just amazing to see.

12. His jokes.

His sense of humor creates some awesome jokes “sometimes.”

13. Even though we fight, I know I can trust him to stick up for me.

He has stuck up for me more times than I can count, and I can’t imagine it any other way.

14. His smarts

He has brains, that's for sure. I have honestly lost track of how many honor societies he has become a part of.

15. His blunt honesty

He lets you know what is on his mind almost 90% of the time.

16. His hardworking personality

He works super hard almost all the time.

17. His love for horror movies.

I love having someone to watch movies with, especially someone who also has a mutual love for horror movies. He loves them almost as much as me.

18. He knows when something is bugging me

I don’t have to even utter a word…he just knows.

19. He follows in my “footsteps.”

He has followed in my footsteps with writing, theatre, soccer, scouts, journalism moments, publishing, and honor societies. Although, he has definitely added a spin to most of our similarities as well. I write poetry, he writes stories. I did acting and tech work, and he did more tech work than acting. We both played soccer and participated in scouts. I did yearbook, he did newspaper. He’s published a story and I’ve just had poems published. And we both have been inducted into multiple honor societies, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

20. He is kinda crazy

Just a bit, but isn’t everybody?

21. Our more than 20-year relationship.

He's 21 (Now) and I'm almost 23, but we're awesome friends.

It’s been a longtime adventure and he has been my longtime bud!