The Grammys Are Tomorrow-Here's What To Expect

The Grammys are a big deal every year, and my favorite part of its is making my predictions for who's walking away with a win.

22

The Grammys is THE award show to watch every year, whether you're hoping your favorite artist wins or you're excited to see everyone's red carpet looks. One of my favorite things to do once the nominations are released is making predictions about who's going to win. Whether you're into pop, country, rock, or rap music, there's a category for you to tune in for. This year, the Grammy's will be airing on Sunday, March 14. It's not too late to make your own predictions for each category. To help you out in case you're struggling, here are some of my 2021 Grammy predictions.

1. "Savage" will win album of the year.

Of course, this is one of the biggest categories of the night. This year's nominations include "Black Parade" by Beyonce, "Colors" by Black Pumas, "Rockstar" by DaBaby Featuring Roddy Ricch, "Say So" by Doja Cat, "Everything I wanted" by Billie Eilish, "Don't Start Now" by Dua Lipa, "Circles" by Post Malone, and "Savage" by Megan Thee Stallion Featuring Beyonce.

This is one of the hardest categories to make a solid prediction on, but out of all of these songs, I think "Savage" is going to take the crown on this one. That song was released around the time quarantine started,. Not only did it go viral on TikTok, but it hit number one on the Billboard Top 100 Chart where it spent 33 weeks. What really solidified this being my top choice is that former President Barack Obama had "Savage" on his top summer song list. If that doesn't tell you how popular a song is, then I don't know what does.

2. Best Pop Solo Performance will go to "Watermelon Sugar."

This is another big category for fellow Grammy watchers. The nominees this year are "Yummy" Justin Bieber, "Say So" Doja Cat, "Everything I Wanted" Billie Eilish, "Don't Start Now" Dua Lipa, "Watermelon Sugar" Harry Styles, and "Cardigan" Taylor Swift.

My prediction is that "Watermelon Sugar" by Harry Styles is going to win. Now, being that I'm a huge Harry Styles fan, I feel like my prediction is a bit biased. Besides that, I do genuinely think that this one is the best solo performance. I think it's the best recording given the nominees. Like many of the other nominations this year, "Watermelon Sugar" went viral on TikTok during quarantine. "Watermelon Sugar" hit number 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 in August, and the song has reached 1.34 billion streams on Spotify.

3. Best Rap Performance will be a toss-up.

The Best Rap Performance category is tough, just like every other Grammy category. This year's nominees are "Deep Reverence" by Big Sean Featuring Nipsey Hussle, "BOP" by DaBaby, ""WHATS POPPIN" by Jack Harlow, "The Bigger Picture" by Lil Baby, "Savage" Megan Thee Stallion and Beyonce, and "Dior" Pop Smoke.

To be honest, I'm not really sure who's gonna win this one. My vote is for "Savage" by Megan Thee Stallion and Beyonce. This shouldn't be a surprise, since it's been such a hit. I mean everyone was posting their version of the "Savage" dance all over TikTok. How could it not win?

4. Album of the Year will go to "folklore."

This year, the nominees are "Chilombo" Jhene Aiko, "Back Pumas (Deluxe Edition)"Black Pumas, "Everyday Life" Coldplay, "Djesse Vol. 3" Jacob Collier, "Women in Music Pt III" Haim, "Future Nostalgia" Dua Lipa, "Hollywood's Bleeding" Post Malone, and "folklore" Taylor Swift.

I think "folklore" by Taylor Swift is going to take this category. Not only is it one of her best albums yet, but it was also the first million-selling album in 2020. "folklore" also spent 8 consecutive weeks in the number 1 spot on the Billboard 200 Chart this year. At the end of the day, I want this for Taylor Swift more than anything else. She deserves this win for her first album that she owns the rights to.