2020: The Year We All Wish We Could Rewind And Start Again
News

It's time to clean up our act.

518
https://unsplash.com/photos/Q8m8cLkryeo
Photo by Edwin Hooper on Unsplash

America. The 50 states, united as one, and all working together in order to keep ourselves afloat. From every state, we support those in pain & suffering elsewhere and join in unity against anything we believe is unjust.

But right now, America is unwell.

It's very dark. Dangerous. Scary. Mentally debilitating. Draining. Any other negative word that you can think of regarding our United States right now.

Photo by Clay Banks on Unsplash

As one, we are sick. If one person is affected by this pandemic, then another person will be too. It's become global suffering, one in which we haven't seen in centuries. COVID-19, however, will not be the end of us.

Protesting, rioting, "defunding the police," and gaining justice for black people, a problem that has persisted for centuries. It's never been resolved, but rather tucked under the rug every time a situation involving a black person, or a person of color, is involved. The Black Lives Matter movement may not be "trending" anymore, however, it will not mark the end of our efforts.

There is much more to do. We're falling apart by the seams and we can't let that happen. I say "we," because it is "we". No one is left out, no one is excluded from what is happening, and no one is ever alone either. The positive affirmations and mentality are hard to maintain right now, but by golly, it will not be the end of us.

Photo by James Eades on Unsplash

This year may mark a revolution for humanity. It may give us stories to tell, it will make marks in history, and it will be a year we can crawl out of together and be able to say "we survived". This is a painful and weathering, but an educational year that we, as humanity, will make it through.

We are all affected. We are all one. We are united. We stand together. Anything that happens, happens to everyone and anyone. This is the world we live in.

Come 2021, we will have new opportunities and a "fresh start" that we didn't get to the start of 2020. But that doesn't mean we can't close out this year without change, without educational gain, and without being healthy in all aspects: mentally, physically, and emotionally.

We all single-handedly have the power to make the rest of this year better. There is a brighter side to every storm. We've had a lot of storms along the course of this year so far, but we can and will push through it to the rainbow on the other side, where a world of peace and forgiveness lives.

Photo by Clay Banks on Unsplash

Even if we don't make it there by the end of this year, we will make it there someday. We just can't stop pushing now.

As difficult as things are right now, I urge you to take care of yourself. The darkness and heaviness of the world have dragged me down to depths I swore I'd never see again… but steer clear. Keep your chin up, grip onto your optimism and smile. Be kind to others. Do the best that you can to make yourself and others happy. Be fair. Be giving and forgiving.

Be the best version of you that you can be. That's all you can ask of yourself at this point.

The world is dark, cold, scary, and heavy… but we will make it through.

Photo by Alvin Balemesa on Unsplash

See you on the other side.