New Years Resolutions Every College Girl Should Have For 2018

Making an effort to pet every dog you see

231
Student Education Loan

There are many things that we want for 2018--better skin, better grades, better boys who don't treat us like sh%& , to drink more water the list goes on and on, but here are ten resolutions every college student should have.

1) To get better sleep

During finals week, I got an hour of sleep and made it up by sleeping twelve. For next year, my hope is to get normal hours of sleep so I don't have to waste it by doubling it.

2) to do assignments on time

The reason why I slept an hour? Procrastination. Next year will be different, next year will be the year of doing things on time and feeling accomplished about them, or so I tell myself. No more starting papers the day they are due. Papers will be completely finished days in advance.

3) To eat healthier

Today, I had three cookies and a handful of sour patches for breakfast. And I am ashamed of it because the sour patches were the closest thing I have gotten to fruit in a while because they are kind of fruit flavored. Next year, everyone (myself included) should make an effort to eat healthier, choosing to eat vegetables and fruits over cookies.

4) To stop letting people treat you like crap

Unless you are perfectly fine with that, which is totally fine! But if you're not, delete that number from your phone and start this new year fresh. This includes deleting tinder and every other dating app on your phone, unless you only use Bumble BFF, in that case, maybe this new year can be the year of finding a new friend to spend the year with. But in all seriousness, 2018 will be the year of new beginnings, which includes being better treated--and if not, then not letting people put you down.

5) To do more things for you

College can make everyone so busy that they forget to take time for themselves. Whether that is shopping alone, watching Netflix or doing anything else that you like, make sure that you do it! Don't forget to have fun while you're in college, because soon it will be all over. So yes, doing homework is fine but not if that is all you do. It's okay to have fun every once in a while doing things you want to do.

6) To spend more time alone

Spending "me" time alone is not a bad thing. Sometimes all everyone needs is to chill in their room with little to none social interaction. My favorite "me" time is reading in bed, or taking a bath. Sometimes, turning off all the lights and lighting a candle is all there is.

7) To write about your year in a journal

Anyone who knows me knows that I own a journal. I've had it since freshman year and whenever I need to get something off my chest, I write it all down in that blue denim covered notebook. Writing about your day, whether good, bad, or uneventful can be therapeutic in my opinion. Also, you can look back on it as a more wiser version of yourself (So I say) but seriously. I read passages sometimes from my freshman year, when I thought my world was ending because of a guy or a test grade and I laugh because I know now that there is so much more to life than that now. But seriously, everyone should make an effort to buy a journal (doesn't have to be fancy, mine was actually a fashion sketchbook from Michael's for like $8) for the new year.

8) To make more of an effort to pet every dog

It's the little things in life that cause the most happiness, in my opinion.

9) To "treat yourself" every so often.

Not all the time. I made this mistake in the past, but sometimes it is perfectly okay to go on a spending spree for yourself. This year I've maybe gone on three--a little too much maybe, but at the time it was much needed. It is okay to treat yourself, because sometimes you deserve it, and that is perfectly okay.

10) To not let others validate you

Do not let the opinions of others influence what you like or don't! If your friend thinks that a certain singer is terrible but you think they are the best, do not change your mind because of what they think. Stop letting people influence what you like and what you don't. You are your own person,and are perfectly capable of coming up with you're own likes and dislikes without the influence of others. Do not let a certain person liking or not liking your posts determine your self worth, or the text of someone at 2 a.m saying "you up?" In 2018, you do not need the opinions of others to determine your self worth. You are worth so much more than the shitty opinions (or treatment) of others.