5 Tips For Your 2018 New Years Fitness Resolution

Get a jumpstart on better New Years fitness resolution with these quick tips.

203
Wikimedia

2018 is quickly approaching and with it comes the "new year, new me" mentality. I know it, you know it and social media will be flooded with it. Many of us will have at least one health-related New Year Resolution including working out more, losing 20 pounds, or signing up for a gym membership. I challenge you to rise above the generic fitness New Year Resolution. Instead, create a goal that you feel excited to achieve and actually has a real impact on your life while keeping these 5 tips in mind.

Body Type

Ectomorph, Endomorph and Mesomorph these are the 3 categories for body types. Before you do anything you should see where your body falls into these categories because it will greatly affect how you train and what you eat. The biggest thing to keep in mind is every body type is beautiful and capable of being healthy, these categories are only explaining how your body reacts to exercise and diets.

Diet

People are so quick to go to the gym to drop a couple pounds even though most of the weight loss comes from the kitchen. Then once people hear that food is a main determinant of weight loss they are just as quick to starve themselves. Best news ever is you really don't have to eat less, you just have to eat smarter and healthier.

Setting

The gym is dope and all, but if you are anything like me you might not truly enjoy being around a multitude of people while you're putting in work. Great thing is you can really work out anywhere. I know during breaks I refuse to pay $100 for 1 month at a gym. Instead, I download an app, do some killer at home workouts and watch what I eat.

Testing Period

This testing period is a time for you to really start going crazy and trying everything you have seen online, heard from your friends or was suggested to you by a professional. There is a lot out in the world start broad and narrow down to your own "style" of health. Find things you enjoy and you feel as though has the most impact on you. Everyone's experience and definition of being fit vary, so figure out what it means to you by sampling what the world has to offer.

Support System

Yes, it is you who will have to workout consistently, change your diet, and hold yourself accountable. Yet, having people in your corner makes everything easier. Have friends join you on your journey or have your significant other pushing you to do better. The more the merrier any form of support is for the best.