I can't believe 2018 is already coming to a close, and it's been a pretty crazy year. From diverse movies to Mark Zuckerberg memes, the pop culture trends of this year were definitely at its A-game. Here are 24 entertaining events that made us all think that 2018 was a pretty a-okay year to be alive (culturally speaking, of course).
1. Who can forget about the purrr-fect Marvel movie — Black Panther!
Let's raise a glass to the amazing creator of this movie's characters and the rest of the Marvel Universe: Stan Lee, who will forever remain in our hearts and imaginations as we move on to the new year.
2. It feels like it was forever-ago, but let's not forget about the 2018 Winter Olympic Games.
And it was a historic one at that with North Korean participating, taking another step towards easing tense relations in the Korean peninsula.
3. Here's a toast to those who made some big bucks off of Bitcoin. It was good while it lasted folks.
4. Crazy, Rich Asians. That's all I can say.
Finally! A diverse-casted rom-com!
5. All of Generation Z can praise this one — Incredibles 2. We waited a while — it finally happened, and it did not disappoint.
I've been waiting for this since 2004.
6. The event that had almost all American heads turning... the royal wedding!
She's not even our Duchess but hey — don't say anything against Megan Markle.
7. Ariana Grande's forever-iconic "Thank U, Next"
Forever-iconic, I'm telling you. You can check it out here.
8. Okay, the high-key ridiculous (low-key funny) Tide-Pod challenge
Hey. It's another thing that made 2018... well, 2018.
9. That very lucky "Super-Bowl Selfie" kid
C'mon, who wouldn't want to take a selfie with Justin Timberlake?
10. The movie that had every Marvel-lover in tears — Avengers: Infinity War pt.1
11. One word. Fortnite.
The dance haunted us for months.
12. Started at a Wal-mart and ... now he might be at Coachella — Yodel Boi.
He's just 10 years old, but his country song put him at the top.
13. The event that produced the most memorable memes of 2018 — Mark Zuckerberg's testimony in front of Congress on the Cambridge Analytica Scandal.
16. Yanny or Laurel?
It was the new "dress." What did you hear?
17. Colin Kaepernick's famous Nike Ad
"Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything."
19. FEMA's Presidential Alert that gave me a heart attack in my computer science class.
21. The 2018 midterm elections — and all the memes it came with.
Voting in 2016 versus voting in 2018 be like...
22. "Don't say it, don't say it, don't say it, don't say it, don't say it..."
If you don't know this, then you don't deserve to be on Twitter.
24. The internet phenomenon that proves we have too much time on our hands. Grape surgery.
Plainly put I didn't understand this one, but hey, it was a part of what made 2018 special.