2018: A Reflection

2018: A Reflection

"We all have the opportunity to improve ourselves; mentally, physically, and spiritually."

266
2018: A Reflection

It's actually quite unbelievable how quickly this year has slowly come to an end. I remember watching the New Year's ball drop for 2018 like it was yesterday. Now, in a few weeks, I'm going to see the same for 2019.

I think this is a great time for everyone to take a minute to reflect how 2018 has shaped them into the person that will be entering the new year. Every year we change, even if it feels like we don't. But, it's so important to recognize the big and small changes that have occurred in our lives because that is the only way we can grow for next year. And while I love reflecting on the positive moments I have had it is crucial to acknowledge the negatives.

Maybe this year was the absolute best for some of you, but I know that for many it was the complete opposite. And this is why it's important to weigh the negatives and positives on an equal scale because both sides can affect us in an incredible way. Whatever happened to you this year, know that it happened for a reason and that you have something so much better coming your way.

We have all had bad years, I know I have. At the time I may not have "understood" why certain things happened to us or why we didn't get the things that we wanted. But now as I reflect on those past "bad" years, I know the reasons why things happened the way they did. Use those moments and allow yourself to be molded by them and I promise you will come back so much stronger.

And I get it, entering a new year can be incredibly scary, mysterious, and intimidating; but do your best to start off on a positive note. Be ready for the new year with grace and make it your own! I know that sounds very cliche, but it's nothing but the truth. Being optimistic about what the new year has in store for you will help guide you to all of the right places. And I know this can be difficult for those who have just come out of a rough year, trust me I get it.

What would help me was to think about one thing I was grateful for in my life for that year and I would use that motivator every day in that next year. Before I knew it, that one reason snowballed into thousands of reasons as to why I needed to make that year amazing. Keep that reason in your brain, write it down on a sticky note, journal it. Do whatever you need to do.

The end of the year is a time to be transparent with yourself and it's the most crucial time to do so. Think about what you have done, hold yourself accountable for things that maybe you need to change, and use that to GROW! We all have the opportunity to improve ourselves; mentally, physically, and spiritually. Start today so you can be ready for tomorrow.

Happy New Year everybody!