2017 Trends Predicted By Pinterest

2017 Trends Predicted By Pinterest

What will be popular in the new year?

12
2017 Trends Predicted By Pinterest

As the year 2016 comes to a close, we reflect on what was popular throughout the year. From short cooking videos on Facebook to choker necklaces to new styles of music, this year has been full of a lot of different and exciting trends. While you may want to continue your favorite trends into the new year, check out this list of what Pinterest predicts will be some of the top trends in 2017! Pinterest is full of looks, activities, styles, ideas and so much more, so it is the expert of what is popular and what is going to be popular. Based on some articles being clicked more and more as the 2016 comes to a close, Pinterest made up a list of what they believe will continue to have traction and popularity into the new year. Is anything you do or have already on the list? If so, looks like you are ahead of the excitement, and can tell your friends that you did it first.

1. Style- 1980's

If you love big hair, bright colors, and chunky jewelry you are in luck! Pinterest believes that styles popular during the iconic 1980's will be back almost forty years later! Other 80's clothing aspect like multiple earrings, patches, and lots of denim are also making a comeback.

2. Food- Eating Healthy

Maybe it just has to do with a lot of New Year resolutions, but healthier food choices like clean eating chips, alternatives to olive oil and Jackfruit (a fruit that has been used as an alternative to meat products) all made the list of predictions for the top one hundred trends for the new year. Since looking up recipes and food are the number one thing people do on Pinterest, this site should know what is going on in the food world.

3. Beauty- Going Natural

Pinterest believes more women will be going natural come January first. From no heat hairstyles to taking care of hair with the all natural and organic jojoba oil, more women are going away from complicated and harmful hair procedures.

4. Travel

As normal, traveling is always in style. However, Pinterest predicts more trips closer to home with National Parks with green scenery being a good and popular stop.

5. Children's Activities

Pinterest believes the time of technology will start to slow down with parents putting more emphasis on interacting with their children and encouraging imagination. Top games and activities parents looked up include fairy garden, making popsicles, story starters, finger play, and development through play. It looks like parents are also trying to give their children more culture as it is predicted that more parents (up by 305%) want to teach their children Spanish and many parents also want to talk their kids on road trips and show them the world.