College Survival Guide

College Survival Guide

Welcome to college!

10
College Survival Guide
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net

Fall is arriving, and school has started. That means that millions of graduated high school kids will start their new journey on life: college. Here are a few tips to survive:

1. Save Money!

I'm a junior, and still haven't figured this out

College is not only expensive, but as young adults most of us won't be receiving financial help from parents nearly as much as before. So, the best way to survive is to SAVE. Summer jobs are the best way college students can stack the money that will be needed for unexpected costs.

2. Utilize school resources.

That includes the nasty meal plan

Make use of what your college/university has to offer. Take advantage of the meal plan (oh how I miss this now). The food may not be the five star restaurant cooking you're used to mom making, but it will DEFINITELY come in handy when you're broke. Also make use of the school's library, books, and tutorial services. You pay for it; why not use em?

3. Stay on Track/Organize

GET A PLANNER .. and actually use it.

This is definitely a skill that takes time, and comes with learning how to be a college student, but there are ways to help. Purchase a planner and write down when assignments and important events are coming up. Use folders and binders to keep ALL work together and organized.

4. Join Clubs/Groups

Or make your own club

College is not only about getting an education, it's also about building connections and interacting with other students your age. It doesn't matter what your interests are, there should be at least one club or organization that catches your attention while in college, but if not, you can always create your own club.

5. DO YOUR WORK

Should be obvious, but trust me, it's not.

When most freshmen come into college a burst of freedom erupts. No parents, no rules, FREEDOM. But that also means, no one to tell you what you NEED to do. Stay on top of your work, school comes first, the pointless homework assignments WILL affect your grades.

These are just a few tips to make the transition from high school to college a little less stressful. Good luck and welcome to the next 4 years of struggle.