Does The Overall Health Of A City Dictate Their Voting Decisions? A 2016 Compare And Contrast.

The Healthiest Cities In The U.S. Versus The 2016 Election Outcome

7
Viktor Hanacek

In light of recent events, my curiosity has spiked about our country in regards to health and voting. I decided to find out what the top 10 healthiest cities in the U.S. are this year. I then wanted to compare this list to the results of the 2016 presidential election. I would like to say that this list is a product of my personal curiosity. I am not trying to make a point or cause any ruckus. This is merely food for thought.

The top ten healthiest cities are from the American College School of Medicine’s American Fitness Index of 2016. If you would like to check it out click here.

The information regarding the outcome of the election is from the breakdown that The New York Time’s supplies on their maps of each state. I took the percentage of the county that the cities below are from.

So here they are. The United States of … HMMMMMM.

1. Washington D.C.

I think that this is the best news we could have. The capital of our country is also the healthiest city. Go us, America. This is probably partially due to the fact that about 96.3 percent of the population is within a 10-minute walk to a park.

2. Minneapolis, MN

I guess people do more than have a smoke and a coke in Minnesota! Actually, Minneapolis has been back and forth with Washington D.C. for coming in first as the healthiest city. The more you know, you know.

3. Denver, CO

It is not surprising that Denver comes in third on this list. With the recreational sports available in the city and nearby, they literally have no excuse. There are 309 athletic fields, 29 recreational facilities, and 6,200 acres of parkland in the city. That is cray.

4. Portland, OR

Portland is known for its bike paths, parks, and is oh so close to Mt. Hood.

5. San Francisco, CA

I mean if you are walking or biking those hills you better believe you are maintaining a good level of health.

6. Seattle, WA

According to the Huffington Post, people in Seattle are the most likely to bike or walk to work. They GETTIT. Not to mention they love their farmers markets 'n yoga.

7. Boston, MA

I'm happy to see that one of our oldest cities of America is also one of the healthiest. Guess that with the city's old age (it was founded in 1630) also comes the wisdom of how to be healthy.

8. Salt Lake City, UT

When you have the Rocky Mountains in your actual backyard, you better make it on this list. AYO.

9. Hartford, CT

The East Coast Greenway (ECG) is the largest bicycle route in the East and it runs right through the center of Hartford.... V interesting.

10. San Diego, CA

Sup, bruh. With its warm weather and coastal location, San Diego has more motivation to work out on lock.

Again, I would just like to say that this was merely a comparison. Simply something to ponder.

Peace and love.