20 Most Forgotten Items On Move-in Day

20 Most Forgotten Items On Move-in Day

The "oh yeah" list

18
20 Most Forgotten Items On Move-in Day
The Real Time Report

Moving into your freshman dorm is an extremely stressful experience. Between checking and rechecking lists, figuring out how to fit everything into the car, and finding a parking spot close to your residents hall, there are some things that you may not even think about getting. Here are some items that you may not think you need, but you may!

1. Power strips

No matter how many outlets there are on your side of the room, it'll never be enough. It's better to have too many than to sacrifice not having an electronics when you want it!

2. HDMI cord

It's better to be able to snuggle up in bed and watch Netflix on TV than to watch it with a big laptop next to you. Plus, when watching movies with friends you can just show it on the TV instead of everyone awkwardly crowded around your computer.

3. Ethernet cord

If there is ever a problem with the wifi connection, this will be your best friend! Also, items like blu- ray players will require those to work.

4. Stain remover

Just think about all of the stains you get on your clothes in one week. Think of the wine nights, cooler painting, and food that'll forever be a recurring memories if you didn't have this life saver.

6. Disinfectant wipes

Your room will get dirty. Your room will get dusty. You will spill. Your roommate will get sick.

7. Air freshener

Not being able to have a candle is a real inconvenience if your room starts to develop a funky smell (or a stinky roommate). Don't be the one with a rank room.

8. Medicine

You're going to get sick. But this time, mom isn't there to raid the cabinet for you. Just basic things like pain killers, Nyquil, allergy meds, and tissues.

9. A box fan

They will claim to have central air, but that does not mean that it is always on. Trust me, a fan will be your very best friend.

10. Wrinkle release spray

Of course, an iron will work just fine. I just assume most 18 year olds do not know how to iron a shirt correctly. This is much easier than running down to the laundry room to fluff a shirt up.

11. Zip Ties

These help with organizing cords! Luckily, most packages of 4 gallon garbage bags come with them!

12. Duct tape

You could need this for literally anything. It's better to have it than to be SOL at 2 a.m.

13. Water filter/pitcher

I don't know about you, but I don't think drinking communal bathroom water sounds like a grand time. A water filter will avoid the icky water and save trips down to the water fountain.

14. First aid kit

Boo boos happen in college too.

15.Beach towel

Although this is not a necessity, regular bath towels aren't usually big enough for the beach. Also, it's nice to have towels specifically for your body and then one specifically for getting sandy and wet.

16. Rain gear

Rain may not bother you now, but having to walk 10 minutes to class in it may. Sitting through a class completely soaked is not a good time.

17. Luggage

You never know when you may need to fly home or go on a trip! Plus, you can easily pack clothes in there to move in with. Then store it in the back of your closet until you need it.

18. Plastic ware

Having an unlimited food plan does not mean you're going to only want to eat there. Nothing is sadder than looking forward to ramen noodles or take out and having nothing to warm them up on.

19. Extra hangers

Don't only bring enough for the clothes you have. During your freshman year, you're going to acquire so many more!

20. Stapler/ 3 hole punch

It's way easier to be organized when you can file things away in your binder. I bet your professor will also appreciate you having papers stapled together before handing it in.