20 Things I've Learned In College

20 Things I've Learned In College

Not all learning takes place in a classroom.

10
20 Things I've Learned In College
theconsummatedabbler.com

For as long as I can remember, I wanted to go to college. All through high school I dreamed of escaping my small town environment and heading off to the city to start fresh. Then I graduated from high school, and it hit me: I’m heading off to college in three months. I was petrified. Every adult I met told me the same thing: “You might be nervous right now, but it’ll fly by and you’ll want to stay in college forever.” It sounds cliché, but it’s so true. As I sit here typing these words, I’m three months away from graduating from college. And those adults were totally right. College has been, without a doubt, the best time of my life. But I’ve also learned a lot during my three and a half years in college. In honor of my impending college graduation, here are 20 things that I, Sarah Turnbull, have learned over the course of my college career.

1. Coffee is a food group.

2. Writing a paper in one sitting is never a good idea.

3. Talk to your professors, they don’t bite.

4. Having roommates will teach you how to be patient, how to compromise, and so many other important life skills.

5. You will form an unbreakable bond with your laptop.

6. Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

7. Do your best in everything you do.

8. You will form lifelong friendships.

9. Eating healthy and exercising does wonders for your physical and mental health.

10. Speak up for what’s right.

11. It’s cool to be uncool.

12. It’s okay to have your own opinions.

13. Live each day to the fullest.

14. There’s no such thing as a stupid question.

15. Dog and cat videos will give you life in times of sadness.

16. You will become an expert napper.

17. You’re not the best student/athlete anymore.

18. You will be pushed to your mental limits.

19. Man cannot live on pizza alone…but man will keep trying.

20. Don’t be afraid.