20 things you need to do during your twenties

20 things to do in your 20s

The ultimate bucket list for your 20s.

243
Unsplash

I turn 20 in September, so I only saw it fit to make a list of 20 things I think everyone should do during this crazy decade.

1. Go to Europe.

Whether you're a big traveler or not, I think everyone should plan a trip to Europe. It is extraordinarily beautiful, has rich history, and makes for an amazing vacation. Whether you go with your girlfriends or significant other, it is sure to be the trip of a lifetime.

2. Go skydiving.

This one is for my fellow adrenaline junkies. What better way to embrace your youth by soaring through the air at ungodly speeds? I can't think of a better way.

3. Go to Las Vegas with your best friends.

Plan a wild, crazy trip to Las Vegas with your best gals and guys and just live it up while you can!

4. Pursue the degree of your dreams.

Your 20s are the ideal time to pursue your dreams. One of the biggest steps you can take towards reaching your dream job is getting the degree(s) you need that will help you get there. Whether that be just a bachelor's degree, master's, or doctorate, go for it.

5. Get into really good shape (and stay in shape).

If you weren't really dedicated to working our and/or eating healthy during your teen years, use your 20s as a time to get into shape and make your diet a little cleaner. Your body will thank you.

6. Run a marathon.

I've been running since I was 4 years old, so it should come as no surprise that I'd like to run a marathon one day. And honestly, the older I get, it will only get harder.

7. Get your own place.

Yes I have an apartment now, but I also have three roommates. Before I'm thirty I want a place of my own where I can decorate everything just the way I want without having to get the approval of roommates.

8. Live in the city.

As a segway from number 7, I'd love my own place to be in the city! I grew up in a relatively small town, and from the little taste of city-life that I've gotten, I absolutely want to experience it. Ideally, I'd like to live in Nashville, Boston, New York, San Diego, or Boston, but we'll see where I end up.

9. Write a book.

As an english major and want-to-be literature professor, it seems only natural that writing a book would make it on my list. I'm not sure what genre I want to try out, but we'll see where the words take me.

10. Buy stock.

Yeah this probably wasn't something you expected to see on this list, but I think buying stock is something every twenty-something year old should look in to doing! If you're smart about it and get advised well, it could end up making you lots of money.

11. Go to Coachella.

As a music-junkie, going to Coachella would be an absolute dream. Beyond just the world-renowned artists that perform at the festival each year, the scenery is out of this world.

12. Overcome my fear of the ocean/bay.

Since I was a little girl, I have an extreme fear of all natural waters. Well, mostly the creatures that live in those waters. This fear has prevented me from doing many fun things like swimming in the ocean, tubing, etc, so I think it's time to work on getting over it.

13. Road-Trip across the U.S.

I've always wanted to go on a cross-country road-trip, and I don't think there's a better time to do it than your twenties!

14. Take a random trip.

Decide to go somewhere and in less than 24 hours, buy a plane ticket and just go!

15. Rescue an animal.

I have a huge passion for animals, so I definitely want to save a dog from the pound or the foster system and adopt them into my family.

16. Find a charity to volunteer at monthly.

Preferably an animal-related charity, but I just want to fine one that I am passionate about and try to make a difference.

17. Go on a crazy shopping spree.

Save up to go on a crazy, budget-free shopping spree. Just a day full of spending and treating myself.

18. Ride in a hot-air balloon.

This won't bring on as much of an adrenaline rush as skydiving, but it will still be breathtaking.

19. Take pictures of everything.

I have a bad habit of not taking enough pictures, and I am going to make an effort to take more in my twenties.

20. Be happy and live my best life.

I'm already insanely happy, and I plan to keep it that way throughout my twenties.