15 Subscription Boxes You Should Check Out

Subscription boxes are the perfect way to reward yourself by surprising yourself with your favorite items every month!

31

The world is a fast-moving place. Rarely do people find time to relax and enjoy the little things in life. Work, school, family, and friends leave little time for some well-deserved time to ourselves. After hearing raving reviews and listening to the testimonies of friends, I have found a solution to the problem many people have of rewarding themselves. Every month we go through moments that change our lives forever. It would be wonderful to receive encouragement at the end of the month to keep on going. What if that encouragement came in a box?

Subscription boxes are a great way to reward yourself. For a small fee a month you can obtain a box that is packed with your favorite items and tailored to your interests. Every month will be a surprise and you can truly find relaxation and happiness while going through the items. Boxes range from $5-$50+. Below are a few boxes that can fit any person with any interests. Give it a try and tell me how it turns out!

*All the pictures below have been taken from the website, their Instagram, or happy purchasers!

Beauty Boxes

These boxes are for people who are interested in skin care, makeup, hair products, and anything else to make one feel beautiful.

1. Ipsy

Cost: $10 a month
Includes: This box includes five full sized and or deluxe samples beauty products. It also comes with a glam bag.
Should You Buy It: If you are constantly looking for new makeup items or love doing beauty altogether I would definitely invest in this.

2. Boxycharm

Cost: $21 a month
Includes: Four to five full sized beauty products that are worth $100 or more.
Should You Buy It: If you are always doing makeup I would definitely recommend this. You can expect full eye shadow pallets

3. Julep Maven

Cost: (If you use GIFTCOVET in checkout, you can receive a gift of nail polishes valued around $84 for free).
- $21.99 monthly
- $19.99 monthly for 3 months
-$16.99 monthly for 6 months
Includes: Nail polish, lipstick, and face creams. (Best part is that you can pick out the items that will be shipped to you!)
Should You Buy It: If you are a nail enthusiast or love lipsticks and glosses I would definitely recommend this box.

4. Birchbox

Cost: $10 a month
Includes: Five beauty products that are tailored to you.
Should You Buy: Definitely a good choice that is tailored to you

5. Cocotique

Cost:
- $20 a monthly
-$112 for a 3 month subscription
-$220 for a 6 month subscription
Includes: Five to eight beauty and lifestyle sample products. These products will include a variety of skin care, hair care, fragrance, lifestyle, and nail companies. Also, when you subscribe you are put into the drawing for the ultimate Cocotique box. This box will include the usual, plus a gift certificate for full size beauty products, clothes, shoes, jewelry, and other premium items.
Should You Buy It: If you are a person of color that loves makeup and exploring new options that could potentially work for you, this box is definitely a steal. Plus there is a promotion right now of the box coming with 12 issues of Essence, absolutely free!

Boxes Filled with Edibles

If you love food, like I love food then you will love these boxes. Boxes can contain chocolate, candies, noodles, tea, and snacks. They are perfect to send to a college student (like me), a person for their birthday (mine is March 6th), and or your significant other.

6. Degustabox USA

Cost: $19.99 monthly
Includes: Ten to fifteen full size products that can include drinks, snacks, and candy.
Should You Buy It: If you love trying new foods you should definitely purchase this box. It is definitely worth the money.

7. Love with Food Tasting Box

Cost:
-Tasting Box: $7.99 monthly
- Deluxe Box: $16.50 monthly
- Gluten Free Box: $19.99
Includes:
-Tasting Box: Eight or more new snacks each month filled with organic, all natural, and free of artificial junk. With every box you buy a meal is donated to a child in need.
-Deluxe Box: Sixteen to twenty snacks each month filled with organic, all natural, and free of artificial junk. With every box you buy two meals are donated to children in need.
-Gluten Free Box: Ten to twelve celiac safe and mostly dairy free snacks each month. Snacks will be gluten free, organic, and all natural. With every box you buy two meals are donated to children in need.
Should You Buy It: If you love healthy snacks then definitely try this box. Plus with every box you help someone in need.

8. SnackSack (http://www.snacksack.com/)

Cost: $24.95
Includes: There will be 11-15 snacks with an excellent value and variety.
Should You Buy It: If you love natural snacks then I would definitely purchase this box!

9. Candy Club

Cost:
-$27.99 monthly
-$22.99 monthly with a 6 month plan
-$19.99 monthly with a 12 month plan
Includes: Four lovely candies for you to try based on a quiz of your candy preference. You can choose what candies you like or you can opt for them to create a box for you.
Should You Buy It: If you love tasting and trying new candies, then this box is definitely for you. Even if you do not like surprises, you should still think about purchasing because you can choose the candy that you like and put it in your box.

10. Simple Loose Leaf

Cost:
-$9.00 for first month and for renewals (monthly)
-$7.50 monthly for a year subscription
Includes: Four loose leaf teas that come in resealable pouches of 10 grams per tea. You will receive a black tea, herbal tea, green tea, and a surprise tea that does not fit into those categories, a few tea filters that make single cup brewing easy.
Should You Buy It: If you love loose tea but you never have time to go to the market and look through the shelves then this box is definitely worth it. It is also for a good price.

11. Try the World

Cost:
- Signature Box: $39 or less (depending on if you do it by month, 3 months, or 6 months)
- Snack Box: $19 or less (depending on if you do it by month, 3 months, or 6 months)
- Pantry Box: $29.95 or less (depending on if you do it by month, 3 months, or 6 months)
Includes:
- Signature Box: Seven to eight gourmet foods including ingredients to cook with, drinks, and snacks from a new country every month as well as a culture guide.
- Snack Box: Five snacks from five different countries every month.
- Pantry Box: A customized selection of items tailored to your needs.
Should You Buy It: If you love traveling or want to travel but do not have the expenses definitely purchase this. Boxes come with culture guides and recipes to help you learn more about the box that is inspired by a particular country.

Artisan Boxes

These boxes usually contain items that are crafted from artisans around the world. These companies also have a great mission by allowing art to be expressed and shown while also giving these artisans money that they deserve to live a life they want.

12. WEvolve Box

Cost: $49.95 or less (I am not sure of the price breakdown between the boxes, could not find it.)
Includes: Metaphysical and sacred objects that inspires a deep awareness of one's infinite nature.
- Esoteric Box: Includes four to seven meaningful sacred objects and a ritual or meditation with an information card describing the spiritual significance of each item.
- Cosmic Monthly Mini Box: Includes three items: a crystal or healing stone, an apothecary or body product, a piece of jewelry or other adornment, and or another mystical item.
Should You Buy It: If you are into decorating or collecting phenomenal artwork and other pieces I would definitely purchase this box.

13. Worldly Box

Cost:
-$24.99 for month to month
-$22.99 a month for 3 months
-$20.83 a month for 6 months
Includes: Jewelry pieces that are made by artisans around the world.
Should You Buy It: If you love jewelry that is made by artist, coordinate jewelry with your outfit, and do not wear the same staple pieces everyday then this box is definitely for you!

14. Chroma Club

Cost: $8 a month
Includes: Mini coloring book that includes mandalas, illustrations, floral patterns, hip designs, and urban designs on eco-friendly, recycled paper.
Should You Buy It: Adult coloring books are expensive and can definitely be a hassle to carry around. So if you travel a lot by plane or by train or just like to distress then I would definitely purchase this box. The book is small and is able to travel well and it does not take a lot of time to complete a page.

15. Globe In Box

Cost:
- $40 a month
- $38 monthly for 3 months
- $35 monthly for 6 months or 12 months
Includes: Lifestyle products that are catered to a theme of your choosing or that is catered by editors.
Should You Buy It: I definitely think this is a smart purchase if you like fair trade goods created by artisans from around the world and if you have an eccentric taste in interior design.

Subscription boxes are definitely a thing to do if you enjoy new items on a regular basis. They can save you money if you are constantly shopping for items. They work as great gifts to friends and college students. For most companies, they have a plan, but if you are only wanting to buy one box then you can cancel your subscription at any time. Most companies also have a guarantee satisfaction policy, therefore if you are not satisfied with your products, you can get your money back.

Happy Shopping!