20 Songs For When You Want To Run Away

20 Songs For When You Want To Run Away

Let's go get lost.

69249
20 Songs For When You Want To Run Away
Interscope Records

Sometimes you just have to get away. Living life gets crazy and intolerable, even though you know you’re lucky to have the opportunity to complain about life at all. But when that thirst for answering the call of the wild sets it, when you bore of your everyday scenery, all you want to do is run away.

Maybe you want to run away on your own, on one of those spiritual excursions of self-exploration a la Eat. Pray. Love. Maybe you want to grab your significant other and drive until you run out of gas. Maybe you want to pack your friends into a caravan and see what stories you can write from your escapades.

Whatever the case, we all get the instinct to run. To see new things. To chase new experiences. To live a full and colorful life outside the place we call home. Our urge to wanderlust, to crave the rush of adventure and getting our hands dirty in unseen, potentially life-changing lands is natural. It drives us. It keeps us sane. It helps us grow into who we’re meant to be.

So, while you’re on the hunt for your next locale, throw on these 20 tunes sure to inspire the hunger to go, be free, and make some memories.

1. “Run Away with Me (Patrick Stump Remix)” by Carly Rae Jepsen

Wanderlust lyric: “Packing a bag, leaving tonight while everyone’s sleeping (sleeping). Let’s run away. I’d run away with you.”

2.”Hold Me Down” by Halsey

Wanderlust lyric: “Selfish, taking what I want and call it mine. I’m helpless, clinging to a little bit of spine. They rush me, telling me I’m running out of time.”

3. “Desperado” by Rihanna

Wanderlust lyric: “There ain’t nothing here for me. There ain’t nothing here for me anymore, but I don’t want to be alone.”

4. “Sleep on the Floor” by The Lumineers

Wanderlust lyric: “‘Cause if we don’t leave this town, we might never make it out. I was not born to drown.”

5. “Free” by Broods

Wanderlust lyric: “I’m desperate to run, I’m desperate to leave. If I lose it all, at least I’ll be free.”

6. “Waterfalls” by LVNDSCAPE & Holland Park

Wanderlust lyric: “Life might seem wrong, but this won’t be lasting for too long. You gotta be strong and have trust in all these dreams that you’ve been praying for.”

7. “Fast Car” by Jonas Blue & Dakota

Wanderlust lyric: “Any place is better. Starting from zero, got nothing to lose. Maybe we’ll make something. Me, myself I got nothing to prove.” (Tracy Chapman is a goddess.)

8. “Youth” by Troye Sivan

Wanderlust lyric: “What if we run away? What if we left today? What if we said goodbye to safe and sound?”

9. “Runaways” by Betty Who

Wanderlust lyric: “Oh, we just want to find our way. Oh, maybe we’re just runaways.”

10. “Must Get Out” by Maroon 5

Wanderlust lyric: “I’m dancing ’til dawn. I’m fooling around. I’m not giving up. I’m making your love. This city’s made us crazy and we must get out.”

11. “Let’s Get Lost” by Carly Rae Jepsen

Wanderlust lyric: “Baby, let’s go get lost. I like that you’re driving slow. Keeping my fingers crossed that maybe we’ll take the long way home.”

12. “Infinite High” by Panama Wedding

Wanderlust lyric: “And it’s never quite enough, just being who we are. And searching for a rush, until we’ve gone too far.”

13. “Conqueror” by AURORA

Wanderlust lyric: “Broken mornings, broken nights, and broken days in between. Open ground, the sky is open, makes an open sea.”

14. “Growing Pains” by Birdy

Wanderlust lyric: “My mind is a runaway, and I find it too hard to breathe.”

15. “Where the Hell Are My Friends” by LANY

Wanderlust lyric: “Friday, wine, and the Internet. The only love I seem to get. And I don’t, and I don’t, and I don’t know why.”

16. “Runaway” by Avril Lavigne

Wanderlust lyric: “I just wanna scream and lose control, throw my hands up and let it go. Forget about everything and run away.”

17. “Beat of My Drum” by POWERS

Wanderlust lyric: “Whenever the pressure gets you on your knees, just take it or leave it as long as you’re free.”

18. “Getaway” by Parachute

Wanderlust lyric: “We just gotta get up, get out, get going, and make a getaway…. Don’t even say goodbye.”

19. “Rivers and Roads” by The Head and the Heart

Wanderlust lyric: “A year from now we’ll all be gone. All our friends will move away, and they’re going to better places.”

20. “What We Live For” by American Authors

Wanderlust lyric: “Got ’90s retro on the radio, our favorite tune. I put the pedal to the metal just to laugh with you. It’s interstellar when it’s just us two. We’re taking off.”