20 Simple Things To Be Thankful For

20 Simple Things To Be Thankful For

Lets discuss the little things.

21
20 Simple Things To Be Thankful For
Growing up Bilingual

Yes, it has been a chaotic and heavy couple of weeks post-election no matter what side you are on or who you voted for. Looking towards the future, Thanksgiving is coming up which should be a good time with family or friends...and if nothing else, food! However, after so much tension and bummed vibes it might be a tad harder to think of what you are thankful for this year. Whether that is the case for you or not, there are always some small random things we are able to be thankful for. No matter your story or background, hopefully at least one of these brings good feelings of thankfulness you can cherish to the holiday, along with all of the bigger parts of life to be grateful for.

1. Finding the perfect fitting pair of jeans.

You know the ones. Those that fit your height exactly...nothing above or below the ankle.

2.The feeling of a warm drink on a cold day.

And in a season like this, specifically apple cider and hot chocolate.

3. The smell of the candle isle in any store.

It is practically impossible not to waste time picking up a few and checking out their relaxing scent.

4.Finishing packing for a big trip.

It takes so long to begin that by the end, once you know you have everything, it feels glorious.

5. The first snowfall.

Whether you are a fan of snow or not, the first snowfall still creates a sense of excitement. It is beautiful, untouched, and glimmers in the light.

6. Being inside on a rainy day.

Why is it that this is one of the coziest/safest feelings in life?

7. Closing all tabs after a big assignment.

It could be after a project or an essay, being able to get rid of all the searches, power points, and even your own writing feels like a powerful way to symbolize being this assignment being completed.

8. Finding the perfect present for someone close.

If you find something you know will bring a smile to their face, there is a sense of accomplishment.

9. Reaching that "just right" temperature when taking a shower.

Because it can't be too hot or too cold to be comfortable.

10. Not needing to set an alarm.

On days when you have the option to sleep as much as you want and do not have to be constricted by that violent noise going off in the morning, life just seems better.

11. Listening to throwback songs.

I think of these as the songs you used to listen to in middle school that connect to memories of where you were the moment you heard or were singing along to the song.

12. Mastering something new.

Maybe this is a language or a recipe, but it is something you never tried before and without experience you are able to pull it together as if it has been your expertise all along!

13. Being happy with a new choice rather than going somewhere familiar.

It is always easy to go to your favorite food place (fast food or restaurant) and order "the usual." It is worrisome to venture out because your new choice might not be as good as the consistent choice. But when you take a bite and it is just as good as your usual, it is so satisfying.

14. Putting the last piece of a puzzle in.

Especially if it is one you have been working on for a while, it is nice to see the finished product after putting it all together.

15. Making people laugh.

Whether it is on purpose or not it is still a pretty good feeling.

16. Laughing so hard you cry.

On the other hand it is also fun when someone makes you laugh, especially when it lasts for an extremely long time and you forget why you even started.

17. Having time for a good breakfast.

Because too often we are rushing out the door.

18. The relaxed feeling after a good stretch.

It is as simple as that and this is one reason why yoga became so popular.

19. Having a reason to dress up fancy.

This can be enjoyable for special occasions. Who doesn't like to look nice?

20. Of course, family and friends are cool too.

And yes pets count as family!

This list of random things to be thankful for could go on forever, hopefully people are grateful for some of these and many more not mentioned. Have gratitude for the big and small things this Thanksgiving.