20 Reminders for Every College Student

20 Reminders for Every College Student

And why you should take them to heart.
3975

In the noisy confusion of life, it seems all too easy to get caught up in the little stressors of everyday. That paper won't write itself and the printer is broken and no one seems to remember to take out the trash until it's overflowing. If you feel like you're in over your head with tiny problems that ballooned into something bigger, take a deep breath. We all need a few reminders sometimes.

1. Your GPA does not define you.

2. It's okay to miss people who no longer exist.

3. Not everyone suffers in the same way. That does not mean their sadness is worth any less than yours.

4. Happiness is yours to have if you want it.

5. If you believe in something, believe in it wholeheartedly.

6. Rainy days don't have to be bad days.

7. There are few things a hot shower can't fix.

8. Pay close attention to life. Be present in every situation.

9. Thank your friends for being friends. Not everyone has a group of people willing to walk them home at 2 AM or force feed them mozzarella sticks before they fall asleep.

10. If you're feeling down, Google pictures of golden retrievers. Seriously.

11. In a few years you will not remember what you got on that test you've been stressed about for a week an a half. Do your best and be done with it.

12. Document your life. There is magic in the everyday.

13. There are few instances in life where a "Friends" reference cannot help the situation.

14. If you don't feel like getting out of bed, get out of it anyway. And make it too. Don't get back under the covers until you've done something that makes your heart happy.

15. A clean room can do wonders for a cluttered mind.

16. SEND THE TEXT IF YOU WANT TO.

17. Sometimes it's hard to see just how many people you affect. That doesn't mean there aren't people that care deeply about you.

18. Nothing is worth sacrificing your health—mental or physical.

19. Stay inspired as much as humanly possible.

20. At any moment you can choose to be different.