20 Make Up Tricks Every 20-Something Should Know

Get the perfect beat look with these tricks.

47
The Beauty Experts

Not everyone is born with model cheekbones, plump lips or the perfect eyebrow arch. Thankfully though, we have make up to help us get a little closer to the things we desire. Here are 20 make up tricks to help you achieve the perfect beat look:

1. How to get bigger eyes.

Applying lighter color eyeshadows in the corner of your lid, near your nose, and adding white eyeliner to your waterline is the perfect trick to give your eyes the brightness and largeness you desire.

2. Contouring your lips for a bigger pout.

When lining your lips go outside your natural line, but not too much because you don't want to look like clown. Once you have line and filled in your lips, take a skinny brush and line the out edge with a bit of concealer. Adding this brightness will give your lips more of a pout and defined look.

3. Enhance your features with contouring.

Define your best features and enhance your softer ones with contouring and highlighting your face in the correct areas.

4. Highlighting for model cheekbones.

Placing a bit of highlighter on the upper part of your cheek will help give them a more defined look.

5. How to get the perfect lines using eyeliner.

Instead of drawing your eyeliner on, next time take your eyeliner and draw along the metal part of your eyelash curler. That way when you go to curl your eyelashes, the part with eyeliner on it will rub off onto the lid of your eye, creating the perfect line.

6. Thick eyelashes.

Adding a coat of translucent powder to your lashes in between coats of mascara will give them a thicker, more voluminous look.

7. The perfect lines for a cat eye.

Take a piece of tape or sticky note and place it on the outside corner of your eye, lining up the edge of your eye with the end of your eyebrow. This will allow you to apply your eyeshadow and eyeliner with out worrying about smudged or crooked lines.

8. Get rid of dark circles and bags under the eyes.

Unfortunately not every bag a woman has is designer. Get rid of unwanted bags and dark circles under your eyes by placing cold green tea bags on them.

9. Baking.

Put a translucent powder on the oiliest parts of your face and let is sit for 5-10 minutes. (Putting on after your eyeshadow can help get rid of some of the powder that fell on your cheeks.) Once it has sat, brush it off and you are left with a smooth, flawless surface.

10. Make your lip color last.

Apply a coat of your lipstick and then place a tissue over your lips and brush translucent powder on them.

11. Keep your mascara from rubbing on your face.

When applying your mascara to your upper and lower lashes place a spoon in the area between the lashes and your skin to create a barrier that will avoid your mascara from rubbing onto your skin.

12. Fixing clumpy mascara.

Your mascara should be replaced every couple of months but sometimes it tends to dry out much quicker than that. Adding a couple drops of eye drops will help expand the lifetime of your mascara and reduce clumps and dryness.

13. Make your eyeshadow pop.

Rub a layer of white eyeliner on your lid before applying your eyeshadow. This trick will give your eyeshadows a more vibrant color.

14. The perfect eyelash curl.

Use a blow dryer to heat up your eyelash curler to make it more effective on your lashes.

15. Keep your eyebrows from straying.

Take an old mascara brush (clean it thoroughly) and spray some hairspray on it. Then brush your eyebrows into the shape you want them in.

16. Soften your eyeliner.

Sometimes you don't want a hard bold line of eyeliner across your lid. To fix this, take an eyeshadow similar to your eyeliner color and brush it across the line.

17. Creating a dimensional lip.

Using some light eyeshadow, apply a little bit to the middle of your top and bottom lip.

18. Perfecting your Cupid Bow.

Using your lipstick, draw an X in the middle of your top lip and then fill in the rest.

19. Turn your eyeliner pencil into gel liner.

Using a lighter, heat up the end of you eyeliner pencil and then apply to eyelid. The heat will turn the pencil into more of a gel.

20).Color correcting.

Using different colored concealers can have various benefits when hiding blemishes or dark circle. For example green concealers neutralizes redness, purple concealers reduce yellow tones, and yellow concealers hide dark circles.