My favorite part of any birthday is the cake.. I'm kidding, kind of. Actually, I enjoy the time that I take on my birthday to reflect on the past year and my life in general. You know the typical birthday question, "What's something you've learned this past year that made you wiser?" My family kind of takes this one serious, and we all take the time to have a thoughtful response to whomever answered. So, not that you asked or that you really care, but here are 20 valuable things I've learned by turning 20, and I think they're things we all should be reminded about every now and then.
1. Eat the extra cupcake.
2. Four hour Netflix binges actually aren't healthy.
3. Someone is always going to have an opinion that differs from yours; you should always give it a listen.
4. Nights with your friends are as big of a priority as nights in the library.
5. It will pass; whatever you're crying about, whatever you're worrying about, it will pass.
6. Taking pictures is important.
7. Cs get degrees isn't a good excuse for just getting by in a class you could've done well in, but didn't care to try.
8. College football games are so much better as a student.
9. A Disney movies always makes you feel better.
10. Friends are allowed to change, but they aren't allowed to change the way they treat you as a result of them growing.
11. It's OK to be jealous as long as you never act in jealousy.
12. You feel better when you exercise.
(This doesn't mean I actually exercise like I should, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit it was true.)