20 Inspirational 'How I Met Your Mother' Quotes

This is going to be LEGEN...wait for it... DARY.

9094
Tumblr.com

The hopeless romantic, the best advice-giver, the one who wants to save the world, the flirt, and the tough guy- the dynamic of the majority of friend groups, in this case, it isn't FRIENDS, but How I Met Your Mother. Nine hilarious, heartfelt seasons of jam packed inspirational quotes to live by. Hopefully, we all make the life-long friends and have the kick ass job that allows us to spend every day in a booth, at our favorite bar, across from the people we can't imagine life without.

1. "We Struggle so hard to hold on to these things that we know are going to disappear eventually. And that's really noble." -Lily

2. "You can ask the universe for signs all you want, but ultimately we only see what we want to see when we're ready to see it." -Ted

3. "That's life, you know, you never end up where you thought you wanted to be." -Marshall

4. "If you're not scared, you're not taking a chance. And if you're not taking a chance, then what the hell are you doing?" -Ted

5. "Maybe I want trouble. I haven't wanted trouble in a long time, but with you, the trouble doesn't seem so troubling." -Barney

6. "The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes." -Robin

7. "Oh my god, look at you cowards! So afraid of any kind of change. So terrified of anything new. So so desperate to cling to anything comfortable and familiar." -Robin

8. "You can't just skip ahead to where you think your life should be." -Lily

9. "We gotta wait for the real thing, no matter how tough it gets." -Ted

10. "Because maybe it's dumb to look for signs from the universe! Maybe the universe has better things. I mean, dear God, I hope it does. You know how many signs I've gotten, that I should or shouldn't be with someone? And where has it gotten me? Maybe there aren't any signs. Maybe... maybe a locket's just a locket, and a chair's just a chair. Maybe we don't have to give meaning to every little thing. And maybe we don't... Maybe we don't need the universe to tell us what we really want. Maybe we already know that. Deep down." -Ted

11. "You may think your only choices are to swallow your anger or throw it in someone's face, but there's a third option: You can just let it go, and only when you do that it is really gone and you can move forward." -Ted

12. "If you keep giving up on people so quickly, you're going to miss out on something great." -Robin

13. "You can't cling to the past. Because no matter how tightly you hold on, it's already gone." -Ted

14. "The bigger mistake would be to not make the mistake, because then you'd go your whole life not knowing if something is a mistake or not." -Lily

15. "Here's the thing about mistakes. Sometimes, even when you know something's a mistake, you gotta make it anyway." -Ted

16. "Doesn't being scared let you know you're onto something important?"

17. "I think, for the most part, if you're really honest with yourself about what you want out of life, life gives it to you." -Ted

18. "Sometimes hours can feel like minutes, and sometimes a single second can last a lifetime." -Ted

19. "Because even if you know how sometimes going to end, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the ride." -Ted

20. "Maybe the lady with the face tattoo was right." -Marshall