20 'Harry Potter' Quotes To Brighten Your Day

Here's to making your day a little more magical.
159

In need of some inspiration or just some cheering up? Here are 20 Harry Potter quotes to bring a little magic back into your life.

1. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”

2. “Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.”

3. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

4. “If being good at Divination means I have to pretend to see death omens in a lump of tea leaves, I’m not sure I’ll be studying it much longer!”

5. “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

6. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

7. "Nothing like a nighttime stroll to give you ideas."

8. "It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more."

9. "You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve."

10. "The mind is not a book to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many layered thing."

11. "People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right."

12. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”

13. “Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.”

14. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

15. “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

16. “One can never have enough socks.”

17. “Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.”

18. “Words are in my not so humble opinion, the most inexhaustible form of magic we have, capable both of inflicting injury and remedying it.”

19. “After all this time?”
“Always,” said Snape.

20. “No story lives unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” -J.K. Rowling