ll my life I have been short for my age. One frequently asked question I get is, "How tall are you?" Being always asked that kinda made me feel bad about myself and thought being short was a bad thing. After a few years, I realized that being short has its perks.
1. You can sleep in small places.
2. You become really good at climbing in order to reach things on the top shelf.
3. You always have enough leg room on planes or in cars.
4. You don't have to be worried about being taller than your date.
5. You have an advantage at limbo.
6. You don't have to worry about blocking someone's view at the movies.
7. You're typically in the front for group pictures.
8. If you're lucky enough , people will let you go in front of them for concerts.
9. Blankets are never too short for you... or beds.
10. No one asks you to get things off of shelves or to lift anything.
11. You can fit so many clothes in a load of laundry.
12. You can fit in kids shoes .
13. You can casually sneak out of a group or crowd without anyone noticing.
14. You're a pro at hide and seek since you can fit in tight spaces.
15. You can find pants that fit... you just may have to hem them a bit.
16. You're super good at weaving your way through crowds.
17. Everyone thinks you're younger than you actually are.
18. You learn you have to power walk most of the time in order to keep up with your long-legged friends.
19. You never have to worry about banging your head on low ceilings or doors.
20. You have a smaller strike zone for softball.
I'm sure there are more disadvantages of being short like being carded until you're in your 30's. I haven't made it that far but I did get carded for an R rated movie not too long ago (I'm turning 20 this summer ).