19 Thoughts Every College Student Has When Moving Back

But first, I have to finish packing.

11
mghclaycenter

Here's a wake up call -- the end of the summer is here, whether you want to admit it or not.

Books you ordered online are arriving and your mountain of college stuff is ever growing.

The school year is approaching quickly and it's now time to try to get your life together!

I am living away from campus this year, which will be an adjustment for me. The townhouse I'm sharing with 3three of my friends is requiring a lot of items to buy and cleaning to be done. Today, it finally hit me that summer is officially ending.

And I got that bittersweet feeling immediately.

It was a busy summer for me, but one that I'll remember for years to come. However, I'm stoked to return back to campus. I desire to dive right into life there, be around my friends and start hitting the books again (well, that last one may be not be entirely true).

With the return to college comes a lot of thoughts a typical college student, like me, has.

1. *during packing* "I didn't know that I owned this much stuff!"

But in the same breath...

2. "I really need to make a Target run."

Which quickly turns into making trips to three different stores.

3. "Why have I saved all of these door decs?"

4. "But I really can't throw them away, because I'm too sentimental."

5. "I need to be less sentimental and weed some of this stuff out."

6. "Why are command strips so expensive?"

They are the price of gold, I swear. But every girl's gotta have 'em for canvases.

7. "How many Bed, Bath, & Beyond coupons can I use with one transaction?"

Turns out you can use one 20% off and one $5 off in the same transaction.

8. "I don't have enough packing boxes."

T. God for Hy-Vee produce boxes. Your clothes may smell like oranges, but hey the boxes are FREE.

9. "Should I rent a U-Haul?"

10. "Never mind that idea, it's not in the budget to rent one."

11. *when books come in* "No way am I going to read these five books for this one class."

Mind you, class hasn't even started yet.

12. "And why does a math book alone cost $104?"

From recent experience.

13. *looking at class schedule* "I won't have time to eat with how busy I'm going to be."

14. "Why again did I sign up for 18 credit hours?"

I think I'm going to regret this in a matter of weeks.

15. "I think 9 am class is going to be too early for me."

But it IS better than the 8 ams I've been having every semester, so I can't complain too much.

16. "Oh how I've missed you, Krispy Kreme."

And having a donut every other morning.

17. *looking in planner* "When am I going to schedule in my daily nap?"

18. "If I schedule another meeting in my week, I'll go crazy."

19. "Will there be such a thing as free time next semester?"

On a serious note, I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of things at school, having late night study sessions with friends and being back at my home away from home!

But first, I have to finish packing. BRB.