19 Life Lessons at 19

19 Life Lessons at 19

Everything happens for a reason that we constantly remember.

12
19 Life Lessons at 19
Facebook- Beautiful Scenery

This year has been one heck of a roller coaster. As 2016 is ending and a new year is just around the corner, I thought it would be nice to take a moment and reflect on all that has happened and what I have learned thus far. This may be advice to some of you, or simple reminders to help you get through the rest of this year.

1. Nothing ever goes as planned.

Have goals, but do not be disappointed if your pathway to success changes. Always be prepared for the unexpected.

2. Don’t hold back on caring for your loved ones.

Do not be afraid to show someone how much you care for them or appreciate them.

3. There is never a situation that is too tough for you to handle.

Do not give up hope that you are not bigger than what you are going through.

4. Do not be so quick to trust someone’s words. Trust their actions toward you.

We are too invested in what people say, but look the other way when their actions prove the value, or lack thereof, of their words.

5. Stop trying to rush through life.

Sometimes stopping to take a breath and taking the time for yourself is all that you need when life gets too hectic.

6. Never be afraid of surprises, our lives are full of them.

We cannot always be aware of what to expect. Whatever happens, welcome it. Being caught off guard is a good thing. It keeps us on our toes.

7. It is OK if you want to cut off from the world.

Sometimes all that you want to do is be by yourself to read a good book, write a poem, go for a run or just bask in nature’s beauty. Do it.

8. Don’t be too quick to grow up.

Adulthood awaits us all in the future.

9. Sometimes the people you care about are here one day and gone the next.

Make sure you cherish your relationship and the time you have before it is too late.

10. Do not rely too much on technology.

Meet with people face-to-face; engage in physical interaction, rather than hiding behind a screen.

11. Family is important.

Your family will always have your back and your interests at heart. Do not be afraid to go to them when you need something.

12. Asking for help does not mean you have failed.

We are not perfect and occasionally needing assistance does not mean we are not capable.

13. Good days are earned by fighting through the bad ones.

Some days you will not want to get out bed, and that is OK. Just keep in mind that sadness does not last and one day things will start to look up.

14. Do not be afraid to try new things and escape out of your comfort zone.

Remaining within the familiar can get somewhat boring. Spice things up a bit.

15. Courage comes in all different forms.

Some of these forms being the courage to move on from what has hurt you, the courage to accept what you cannot change and the courage to conquer your fears.

16. You are not here to please people.

Not everyone will like you, agree with your beliefs or respect you as a person. Surround yourselves around those who love and accept you for who you are.

17. Do not lose faith.

Everything is capable if you have faith. Whether that faith is in a higher power, yourself and your capability or those close to you, no accomplishment is too little to appreciate and no obstacle is too difficult to overcome.

18. Life is always more fun with the people you love.

The best memories are made with laughter and happiness.

19. Everything happens in life as either a blessing or a lesson, or both.

Always look at a situation in a positive light.