18 Thoughts Every College Student Has During Midterms As Told By Liz Lemon

Pep-talk, glass of wine... What's the difference?

27
Huffington Post
Blerg.

It's one of the scariest times of the year. I know what you're thinking: "Caroline, it's March, Halloween isn't for seven more months!" But clearly if you're thinking that, you are not a college student. It is almost midterms week. Midterms week is essentially a dark hell hole of studying right before you can finally taste the sweet taste of freedom (also known as spring break!). Liz Lemon is honestly one of my biggest aspirations in life and I cannot think of anyone better than her to relay my feelings about midterms.

1. When you're thinking that you don't have any midterms this semester only to be bombarded with five papers, three projects, and six study guides.

There are no real words for this feeling and you know it.

2. When you get home and try and build up some false hope about being able to do everything (even though your life is a complete mess).

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: you cannot have it all.

3. You very quickly lose this false hope and turn to your best friends to help you out.

Food won't lie to you, food won't hurt you, food won't desert you.

4. Then your friends invite you to go out with them, but you remember you have to study...

Yes to slowly stu(dying)!!!!

5. ...and then you make the mistake of checking their Snapchat stories and see all the fun you're missing out on.

Meanwhile you're having a ~crazy~ Friday night of re-learning about the differences in positive and negative energy feedback in the library!

6. You begin to think that you aren't going to make it through...

Yes oh Oprah, please give us the strength and motivation to continue on!

7. ...but through your own self-motivation (or by Oprah's god-like powers) you catch a second wind

YES, YOU GOT THIS!!

8. After you finish studying, you decide to reward yourself (the right way) for all your hard work.

I mean what's better than slipping into your snuggie and eating cheese at night? Nothing.

9. Sooner or later, your friends will approach you freaking out and looking like this:

My advice: leave if you can, you don't need their stress on top of yours.

10. But being the good friend you are, you try and comfort them.

You are such a good friend!

11. You give them the best pep-talk that they have ever heard in their entire life and they leave your room like a new person.

And by pep-talk, I mean glass of wine.

12. The night before your first midterm comes and you're just laying in your bed, trying to mentally prepare yourself for tomorrow.

There's a possibility that tears are coming out of your eyes...

13. Your only thought when you walk into your class and are handed your exam is:

Hopefully during this exam??

14. Then you get stuck on a hard question and really want to know if you can phone a friend.

Unfortunately, pizza cannot help you now.

15. You finally get to the essay portion and realize you cannot form a valid argument (or even real words) anymore.

And because of all these mistakes, you don't have an eraser on the top of your pencil anymore.

16. You finally finish the exam and as you go to turn it in, you realize how sore your arms are from all that writing.

That one push-up was useless.

17. But hey, you have finally finished your midterms!

Way to go you!! I'm so proud.

18. Now you can finally start your spring break and celebrate!!! Go throw yourself a party!

Maybe don't make it mandatory though...