18 Things You Should Do To Make 2018 Great

Let's make this the best year ever!

399
pixabay

We are just days from the start of a new year. For some, that means leaving things behind and for others, it means new beginnings. Looking at 2018 also forces you to ask yourself some pretty nice questions. What direction do you want your life to go in this year? What will make you ultimately happier? What can you do to make your year great? Here are 18 things that I think definitely will.

1. Take yourself out.

The best way to learn more about yourself is to take yourself out once in a while. Whether it's dinner, a concert, or the movies you will feel better and independent.

2. Save up

I was the absolute worst at saving money in the beginning of 2017. Then I decided to change it and save some of my paycheck each month. Even as little as $5 will go a long way in twelve months. Then you can buy yourself something nice at the end of the year. Or it's there just in case of an emergency.

3. Get organized

Adding a little order in your life will certainly make you feel great. Give yourself a little to do list every day and make sure you do at least most of the items on it. Also, tidy up your room twice a week.

4. Stop procrastinating

I'm a little hypocritical when it comes to this because I procrastinate a lot. It's so easy to say "I'll just do it later" but it actually adds more stress. Do us both a favor and do it right now so that you have time to relax.

5. Travel

The world is a pretty big place. Please consider taking a trip to somewhere you've never been. Of course, it can be very expensive but it's always worth it.

6. Relax

It's so important to unplug sometimes and let yourself breathe. Go for a walk, take a bath, or just listen to some new music. Whatever helps you relax make sure you do more of it in 2018.

7. Read more books

There are so many amazing literary works out there. Right now I put myself to a goal of fifty books in 2018. I suggest that you do the same. Also, if anyone has any book recommendations let me know.

8. Learn a new language

Communicating is the key to our society. You never know when you're going to need to talk to someone in a different language. It's also always a great asset to your resume. Caspisci?

9. Open your mind

Sometimes our routine limits us to thinking of the same old things. Learn to be more open-minded and really listen to other people's opinions.

10. Meet new people

There are 7.6 billion people on this earth so you need to meet more of them. I know it can be hard to open yourself to new people but it's nice to do once in awhile.

11. Be kinder to yourself

I'm all for a fun night out but sleep is also extremely important. Getting enough of it helps keeps you focused and healthy.

12. Quit your bad habits

I know this is easier said than done but it's important you try. Whether it be biting your nails or smoking, you can do it. I believe in you.

13. Exercise

I'm not saying you have to go full blown bodybuilder, but you should probably do some sort of exercise at least twice a week. Do some jumping jacks, jog around the block a few times, and treat your body like the temple it is.

14. Visualize what you want to accomplish

You probably have a list of everything you want to do in the next year. Ask yourself what you can do to get yourself where you need to be.

15. Drink more water

I'm one of those people that never want to drink water. I'm making it a goal of mine this year to drink the recommended eight glasses no matter how hard it may be.

16. Get more sleep

17. Binge watch a new show.

There are so many great shows out there it's nice to just sit down and watch one. My personal recommendations are Shameless, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Supernatural.

18. Don't stress yourself out!

Most importantly remember that you are human. You make mistakes and you are doing the absolute best that you can. Nothing is worth getting extremely stressed out over.

Let's make this the best year ever!