18 Things To Help Make Your 2018 One To Remember

You're not getting any younger.

160
The Paris Review

Along with a new year comes new resolutions made to help make life better than it was before the clock struck midnight on New Year's Eve.

Each year, resolutions are made and let's face it, some are made unrealistically and we are totally unmotivated to achieve them because of how much work it takes to really try and want to make a change. The best way to make a change is to start small, and work up to the overall goal.

Here are 18 small steps to take in 2018 to make your year one to remember.

1. Become more studious.

You'll be surprised how much better your classes become when you actually take an interest in learning the material.

2. Make a new friend.

There are so many awesome people in the world that you have yet to meet.

3. Get to know someone you already know on a deeper level.

It feels so good to open yourself up to someone different and have them do the same. It's cool to get to know a friend in a new way.

4. Call your parents more often.

As much as they say they are proud and happy for you, they miss having you around.

5. Actually go to the gym.

When it's thought of as an opportunity to catch up on that Netflix show or have a little jam sash all alone, the gym doesn't seem like such a bad place. Not to mention it feels good after.

6. Read more books.

Books are an amazing way to enter another world and let your imagination soar.

7. Devote more time to yourself.

As the Jesuits say, Cura Personalis. Take a nap, binge watch that new series or just sit and do nothing. You work hard and deserve a break every once in a while. Your body will thank you.

8. Travel more.

You don't even have to leave the country to experience some of the most amazing things the world has to offer.

9. Put your phone down.

Ever think of what happens around you while you're staring down at your phone screen? Now is a great time to find out.

10. Pick up a new hobby or skill.

Find something you enjoy doing and just do it.

11. Deepen your faith.

Faith is one of the best things that you can have. God is waiting for you to get to know Him.

12. Expand your comfort zone.

As Neale Donald Walsh once said: "Life begins where your comfort zone ends."

13. Get involved in a club on campus.

Getting involved in a club on campus is where you meet those with the same interests as you, and these people become some of the best people that you ever met.

14. Cook and bake more.

A yummy hobby to have. It's fun to see (and taste) what you can make with so many different ingredients.

15. Rekindle an old friendship.

People from middle school and high school probably knew you at your worst time. A lunch date or coffee never hurt.

16. Give your grandparents a call every once in a while.

They love you and miss you so much more than you think and would love to hear about what you're doing. Not to mention, they probably are up to some interesting things that they can't wait to tell someone about.

17. Take more pictures.

After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

18. Live in the moment.

Each day is a brand new opportunity that only happens once, so take advantage of every moment. You're not getting any younger.