18 Fun Things To Do in Waco, Texas

18 Fun Things To Do in Waco, Texas

It's definitely worth making the trip.

1140
18 Fun Things To Do in Waco, Texas
Karleigh Gwyn

Waco is a city in mid-Eastern Texas that is full of history and fun activities. Here are some things you can do while you're there.

1. Magnolia Market and Silos Baking Co.

If you’re a fan of the hit show Fixer Upper on HGTV, this is a must-see. Enjoy delicious cupcakes while you shop for interior décor chosen personally by Joanna Gaines.

2. Cameron Park and Cameron Park Zoo

Cameron Park is a great display of the natural beauty of Waco, and the zoo there just welcomed baby orangutan Razak in 2017 to the family.

3. Magnolia Table

Magnolia Table is a restaurant in the Fixer Upper franchise that is only open for breakfast and lunch. It just opened in March of 2018, so the wait is long to get a table, but so worth it.

4. Baylor University

Baylor University, founded in 1845, is famous for its beautiful campus. Walk the Baylor Trail or take a guided tour.

5. McLane Stadium

McLane Stadium is where the Baylor Bears play football, and it is a must-see if you’re a Baylor fan.

6. Waco Suspension Bridge

The suspension bridge is part of Waco’s rich history, as it was built in 1870 and was originally the only way to cross the Brazos River in the center of Waco.

7. Food Trucks on the Brazos

After you walk across the suspension bridge, you can grab a snack at one of the various food trucks right next to the Brazos River.

8. Spice Village

The Spice Village in the heart of downtown Waco is a collection of over 60 boutiques and a fabulous and immersive shopping experience.

9. Branch Davidian Compound Monument

About 10 miles outside of Waco is what is left of the Branch Davidian Compound that the FBI sieged in the 90’s for suspected illegal firearm activity. At the siege, a fire started and burned most of the compound down, but tourists are welcome to go visit what is left of it as well as the monument for the fallen members.

10. Alpha Omega

This local restaurant is a Mediterranean fusion joint with delicious gyros.

11. Cultivate 7Twelve

Immerse yourself in Waco culture by visiting Cultivate 7Twelve, a gallery that displays local art.

12. World Cup Café

This café is a great cheap, socially-conscious place to get local grub. Their breakfast is especially delicious.

13. Balcones Distilling

Learn about the history and process of distilling in this distillery that produces local whiskey.

14. Dr. Pepper Museum

Fans of the soft drink Dr. Pepper among others like Canada Dry Ginger Ale and Orange Crush can learn more about the story of their favorite drink while enjoying interactive exhibits and drinking a Dr. Pepper float from the soda stand.

15. Kayak on the Brazos River

Downtown by the suspension bridge and food trucks is an access point for kayakers, canoers, and paddle boarders. And if you don’t have your own, you can rent one from Outdoor Waco just across the river.

16. Texas Sports Hall of Fame

For sports fans, Waco is home to the Texas Sports Hall of Fame which recognizes famous coaches and athletes in Texas history.

17. Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum

Waco is also home to the Texas Ranger Museum which honors famous Texas Rangers and tells the history of the law enforcement agency.

18. In-N-Out

If you’re visiting Waco from anywhere that is not California, you should stop by In-N-Out Burgers, a fast food restaurant that is mostly found only on the West coast.