18 Things Any Pokémon GO Player Can Relate To

It's a love/hate relationship.

22
Mirror

Just like millions of other 90's kids, Pokémon served as a staple of much of my childhood. From obsessing over the television shows and stuffed animals to movies and (obviously) Gameboy games, I was obsessed with all things Pokémon. I’m only slightly ashamed to admit that Pokémon was probably my first true love.. With that being said, it should come as no surprise that I’m totally GEEKING out over the release of Pokémon GO: an augmented reality game that allows players to walk around and catch and battle Pokémon, thus living out their long-forgotten (or not) childhood fantasies!

Although the app has only been out for a little less than two weeks, there are plenty of things Pokemon Go players can relate too, here's 18 of them:

1. Getting waaaaaaay to over-excited about every accomplishment

Fist-pumps with a resounding "yeeeess-es!!'', draws more eyes than you'd think

2. Walking into inanimate objects..

This is not a joke. The screen door is one thing, aimlessly walking into a pole in public, is another.

"Pay attention to your surroundings" is not talking about which pokemon are around you, it means look before you cross the street to catch that Pikachu!

3. Constantly hearing "Everyone is playing Pokemon GO" in popular locations

The long awaited app game is finally out and there are more people outside than ever! This summers heat won't stop those that want to be the very best, like no one ever was...

4. Arriving 30 minutes early to everything in case any pokemon or gyms are around

Which means you'll either be really on time or even later than usual..

"sorry boss.. gotta catch them all..."

5. Finding ways to cheat the GPS system

Obviously being that this is an interactive game, walking is essential. Although some people have found other ways to trick the GPS into thinking that there walking, when they really aren't.

6. Using incense to lure pokemon to you so you don't have to get out of bed

Don't say you haven't.. we've all done it already.

7. "Hey man, catch this pokemon for me real quick!!"

Before, the co-pilot was in charge of the tunes for the drive. Now they've got a much bigger job: catching as many Pokemon on the way to whatever destination they're headed towards.

8. When the servers crash...

Enough said..

9. Seeing a herd of people knowing theres something rare around

NYC broke headlines early in the week with the stampede of Pokemon GO players running through central hunting for the ever so rare water vaporeon.

10. Going to places you normally wouldn't solely because you've heard of a rare pokemon being there

Rattata and Pidgey are super common street Pokemon, if you want to catch a pokemon to a specific type, you need to go to the area it would normally be found in.

For example to catch a water Pokemon, head towards the coast or channels. For fire or electric pokemon, open fields and gas stations are usually roaming with Ponyta's and Jolteon's.

11. Getting into actual fights with friends over which team you're on

It's no big surprise that teams are fighting over which is the very best to be on but I mean come on... you never lose when you trust your instincts! ;)

12. Taking is personally when someone takes over your gym

"I stood in the park for 30 minutes to take over this gym and I swear, two minutes later someone had already snatched it from me! "

13. Adding Pokemon GO into your work out routine so you catch hatch your eggs quicker

14. When you find a Pokemon with high CP but don't have any Pokeballs and theres not a Pokestop near you

15. Screen-shotting funny pictures with the Pokemon you find

16. Naming your Pokemon funny things..

17. When you've finally come to realization that you need to buy a portable charger

18. Feeling nostalgic and letting your inner child out