18 Things I Learned By 18

18 Things I Learned By 18

As you grow up, you grow wiser

19
18 Things I Learned By 18
H Samuel Jewelers

My birthday is October 20th, which means that a few days ago I turned 18. I was looking forward to it because I knew that it meant I was officially an adult. However, being 18 isn't very different than being 17. For my young age, I like to believe that I've learned a lot through out the years. These are a few things I have learned by the time I turned 18.

1. Coffee is the answer to everything!

I have always been in love with coffee. However, ever sine I started college, coffee has been an essential part of my day. Coffee solves problems, or at least makes them easier to survive.

2. Leggings are a girls best friend!

Through out high school, I realized that leggings are my best friend. I dreaded the mornings that I had to get up early and spend thirty minutes planning what I was going to wear. However, I came to realize that leggings go with everything! Not only that, but they are super comfortable.

3. Pizza = Life

I've always been a pizza lover. If I'm ever having a long day, I eat a slice of pizza and feel better. It might not be the smartest choice, but it's definitely the better choice.

4. Love is real.

I've always had conflict with the idea of love. I didn't think I would be able to find true love, until I did. I was lucky enough to find an amazing person. I've honestly never been happier.

5. It is important to smile.

I've been a pessimist for the longest time. I freak out over every little thing. However, as I grew up I started realizing that no matter how difficult things may seem, you always need to smile. It will definitely make you happy and brighten up your day.

6. Naps are essential!

I'm not a lazy person. I love to always be on the move and work however, life can get stressful. So if you don't do this already, take time out of your busy schedule and take a nap. It makes you feel so refreshed and it's a great feeling.

7. To-Do lists are really important.

I love to plan out my days as I go along. It's a great day to stay organized and it makes you feel calmer. I really suggest this to everyone.

8. Music calms the soul.

Whenever I am having a bad day, I like to go in my room put some headphones on and listen to music. It's amazing how much you can relate to the lyrics in a song, and how they can transport you to anywhere you want to be.

9. Fall is the most beautiful season.

I am obsessed with everything related to the Fall season. The color of the leaves, the apple cider, and the weather. It will forever be my favorite season and I've learned to appreciate it.

10. Nature.

I believe nature is truly beautiful. I am a photographer so I really like to go out and explore and find new things to photograph. That is why I have learned to admire the beauty that can be found in nature.

11. Learning to trust others is important.

I've had trouble trusting others, I cannot even trust myself at times. However, there comes a point when you need to realize that it is very important to trust others. It makes life a ton easier.

12. Find the kindness in everyone.

Yes, I understand this can be difficult. However I started to realize that people aren't evil. We all go through things that make us the person that we are. People aren't naturally evil, yes some might be cold but that doesn't make them a bad person. You can't quickly jump to conclusions on who they are.

13. Stand up for yourself.

I've always been very shy. This has caused people to be rude and to say things behind my back. Yes, I took this in a bad way at first. However, then I realized that instead of letting all of this hurt me, it was healthier to use it as motivation. Remember "KILL EM WITH KINDNESS"!

14. Drink some water!

To cool off on all the deep things for a bit, recently I've discovered that drinking water is one of the healthiest things you could do. I've always loved soda and juice, and all of that stuff. But lately I decided I would start being healthier and drink more water and I am not going to lie, it feels amazing.

15. NYC is one of the best cities.

Every time I go to New York City, I'm in awe. I love the city and everything about it. I would move there in a heartbeat, I truly believe I'm a city girl.

16. It's good to cry sometimes.

I am a crier. I am one of those people who cry all the time, when I am sad and when I am happy. I don't think crying is a bad thing, in fact, it is actually really healthy.

17. Writing helps the soul.

I love to write. I cannot find a better way to express myself other than my writing. I feel that it gives others an insight to who I am .

18. You grow up, and that's okay.

I've changed a lot throughout the years. I actually really enjoy that and I think it is okay to grow up. Life makes you go through crazy things but that's okay because that's life.