18 Signs You Wear Glasses Or Contacts

18 Signs You Wear Glasses Or Contacts

Not completely blind.

330
18 Signs You Wear Glasses Or Contacts
msecnd.net

I grew up wearing glasses and eventually switched over to contacts in High School. These are the constant struggles that come to mind when I think of my glasses wearing days and even my current contact days. My friends used to take my glasses and watch me run around chasing them--I always ran into something because I couldn't see it.

1. Rain

There are no windshield wipers for glasses--which means when it rains the likelihood of you being able to see when outside is very slim. If your clothes get wet than forget it because you'll never be able to see again.

2. 3D Movie glasses

This has been a struggle for the ages--either you don't see the movie in 3D and it looks weird--or you see what you think is 3D effects and not the movie.

3. Sunglasses

Now, back when I was young Transition lenses weren't a thing just yet, so trying to have glasses and sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun meant that the clip on ones would have to do.

4. Roller Coasters

Do you wear them and risk them falling off, or do you pay for a locker to put them in and then not be able to see the entire ride? I always just held on to them for dear life.

5. People always taking your glasses and trying them on

Thank you for stealing the item that lets me see things and yes, I know I wasn't lying when I told you I couldn't see well.

6. Getting ran into and losing your glasses

Collisions on the sports field made this a horrible experience the loss of such a fragile object in which you cannot see even if it is a few inches away.

7. Hot Beverages

Drinking anything hot or cooking anything hot that has a possibility of steam means that your glasses probably fog up and cause some minor cooking interruption.

8. Broken Glasses

Tape on the glasses is a common item used for nerd costumes, but lets face it you probably had to do this for real once. I know I had to!

9. Getting called "Four Eyes"

Like wearing glasses magically added two eyes to your face. This was a nickname all to often used to describe you and

10. Told to eat your carrots as a kid to have great eyesight

I can't say how many times I was told this as a child and then I slowly realized that this was not true that my eyes where still getting worse no matter how many carrots I ate.

11. Laying down

Hoping you don't crush them or make and indent in your head.

12. Losing your glasses

As a young girl I used to lose my glasses all the time--I could see more back then. I would sometimes even lose them and realize they were on the top of my head.

13. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

I always got this question growing up like magically a human grew more than five fingers while my glasses had been off. Though my vision is much worse than the blurry image above it shows a nice representation of the fact that the answer is just blurred not added to when we can't see.

14. Showering

Growing up showing was a difficult task. As my eyes worsened I had a hard time seeing what objects were in the shower. After a while, I learned to memorize where everything was that I needed. If I wanted to shave, forget it, I learned how to do that blind before I did it when I could see.

15. Getting Contacts

Once you get contacts after wearing glasses for so long people don't recognize you anymore and if you wear glasses a few years from then they thing you look weird with glasses on.

16. Sleeping in Contacts

The amount of times I woke up thinking I was healed of my blindness is far more than I'd like to admit. You eyes are dry for a few days and can even have cause an infection, sometimes you just fall asleep in them it just happens.

17. Taking out Contacts in front of people

For those of us who have attempted to tie our contacts out to show someone them or even at a sleepover for some reason everyone freaks out about it. I mean you are just pulling something off of you eye that is not gross at all.

18. Putting Contacts in

Before I got contacts I never knew pain. Putting in a contact inside out is one of the most painful things along with getting an eyelash stuck in there or eve having your contact rip while in your eye.

But through it all whether or not you wear glasses or contacts this are things you will know for the rest of your life!