Report this Content
There are quite a lot of things I have learned throughout my short 19 years of life, but I have found that the most important ones were when I was 18. Eighteen, in my opinion, is the age where you finally start living. You graduate and move away from the town you called home your whole life. You start school in an unfamiliar place with all new faces and you have no choice but to adjust. Being on your own you have the opportunity to learn a lot about life and yourself that you never knew before.
Here are 18 things I learned when I was 18 years old.
1. Don't take your senior year of high school for granted.
2. If your best friends don't like the boy you are involving yourself with then they are bad news.
3. Things will change, let them.
4. Beer before liquor never sicker. Liquor before beer in the clear.
5. Never stop making new friends.
6. Stop wishing you could take back something that has already happened.
7. It is not a crime to drink on a weekday.
8. Everybody lies.
9. Every lie you tell will catch up to you.
10. Never choose the random roommate option.
11. Sometimes you are at fault.
12. Forgive but don't forget.
13. Toxic people hardly ever start out toxic.
14. Don't ever settle for less.
15. Taking an 8 a.m. class is never a good idea.
16. Don't waste your money on expensive alcohol -- Burnetts are just as good.
17. Don't be afraid to call your mom, she knows more than you think.
18. Never lose sight of who you are.
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.