Six Sia Songs To Get You Through Your Breakup

Sia has a song for every phase of your emotional roller-coaster called heartbreak.

4390
E-Online

Every girl who has gone through a breakup knows there are certain steps you have to go through in order for you move on. You get angry, you cry, you may even want to break a few things. You go through all the feelings you have, and even some you didn't know you had. It's normal.

Along with a lot of feelings, there are a lot of things girls use to help themselves get through it. There's girly movies, chocolate, exercise, and of course - sad songs. I know for me, Sia is my personal favorite because she has a song to get me through every stage of my heartache.

Don't believe me? Let me explain.

1. Mid-breakup - "Big Girls Cry"

The epitome of sad songs. I mean, it's called "Big Girls Cry" for Pete's sake. It's slow but is still the perfect song for the famous cry-shout-sing-cry again phase.

"I may cry, ruining my makeup. Wash away all the things you've taken, and I don't care if I don't look pretty. Big girls cry when their hearts are breaking."

2. Directly after the breakup - "Dressed in Black"

This song is good because this is the point where you think back to everything you all had together. You think about how you were when you first got together, and it helps with all the moments when you miss him just a little too much.

"You found me dressed in black. Hiding way up at the back. Life had broken my heart into pieces. You took my hand in yours. You started breaking down my walls."

3. When you realize you will get through it - "Alive"

I love to shout-sing this song because it just makes me feel so... alive. Hence the name. It's a good one to remind you that even though it feels like you could die right now, you will survive this and come out stronger.

"I had a one-way ticket to a place where all the demons go. Where the wind don't change and nothing in the ground can ever grow. No hope, just lies. And you're taught to cry in your pillow, but I survived. I'm still breathing... I'm alive."

4. When you discover you are better off - "Elastic Heart"

This is the song that starts off the phase we all know as "Screw him. It's his loss. I'm so much better without him!" I usually listen to this one a couple dozen times, then follow it with loads of Beyonce and JLo because, you know, they're Beyonce and JLo.

"You did not break me. I'm still fighting for peace. Well, I've got thick skin and an elastic heart, but your blade—it might be too sharp.I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard. Yeah, I may snap and I move fast. But you won't see me fall apart."

5. When you just want to go have crazy fun - "Cheap Thrills"

A perfect song to listen to while you are getting ready to go out with your girls for the first time since the breakup. It's definitely one to set the mood for the night.

" Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight. I love cheap thrills. But I don't need no money as long as I can feel the beat. I don't need no money as long as I keep dancing."

6. When you find out just how strong you really are and start to move on - "Unstoppable"

This one is self-explanatory. This song just makes you feel like you could kick through a concrete wall and feel no repercussions because you are just that stinking powerful.

"I put my armor on, show you how strong how I am. I put my armor on, I'll show you that I am. I'm unstoppable. I'm a Porsche with no brakes. I'm invincible. Yeah, I win every single game. I'm so powerful. I don't need batteries to play. I'm so confident, yeah, I'm unstoppable today."

Sia is a mystery to quite a few people, and by quite a few, I mean millions. Her music is so easy to relate to and some of the songs she has make me feel like I can do anything! She is and always will be my go-to girl for any post-breakup playlists I am in need of.

From Your Site Articles